A momentum-threshold autoregressive unit root test with increased power
AbstractRecent research has shown the momentum-threshold autoregressive (MTAR) unit root test of Enders and Granger (J. Business Econom. Statist. 16 (1998) 304) to exhibit less power than modified Dickey-Fuller tests when applied to MTAR processes. In this paper a revised MTAR test is proposed which employs local-to-unity detrending. The newly proposed test is shown to possess greater power than both the original MTAR test and modified Dickey-Fuller tests over a range of MTAR processes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 67 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992.
"Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George Kapetanios & Yongcheol Shin, 2002. "GLS Detrending for Nonlinear Unit Root Tests," Working Papers 472, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Enders, Walter & Granger, Clive W J, 1998.
"Unit-Root Tests and Asymmetric Adjustment with an Example Using the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 16(3), pages 304-11, July.
- Enders, Walter & Granger, C. W. J., 1998. "Unit Root Tests and Asymmetric Adjustment with an Example Using the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Staff General Research Papers 1388, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Cook, Steven, 2003. "Modified unit root tests and momentum threshold autoregressive processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 83-88, August.
- Leybourne, S J, 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots Using Forward and Reverse Dickey-Fuller Regressions," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(4), pages 559-71, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.