On bandwidth selection in partial linear regression models under dependence
AbstractWe obtain the expression of an asymptotically optimal bandwidth for a semiparametric least-squares estimator of [beta] in the model y=xT[beta]+m(t)+[var epsilon], where x is random, t is fixed, m is unknown and [var epsilon] is strong mixing. The selection method is based on second-order approximations for the variance and bias. Asymptotic normality is also established.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 57 (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-54, July.
- Roussas, George G. & Tran, Lanh T. & Ioannides, D. A., 1992. "Fixed design regression for time series: Asymptotic normality," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 262-291, February.
- Linton, Oliver, 1995.
"Second Order Approximation in the Partially Linear Regression Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1079-1112, September.
- Oliver Linton, 1993. "Second Order Approximation in the Partially Linear Regression Model," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1065, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bradley, Richard C., 1981. "Central limit theorems under weak dependence," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Germán Aneiros-Pérez, 2004. "Plug-in bandwidth choice for estimation of nonparametric part in partial linear regression models with strong mixing errors," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 191-210, April.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.