Sums of dependent Bernoulli random variables and disease clustering
AbstractWe develop new discrete distributions that describe the behavior of a sum of dependent Bernoulli random variables. These distributions are motivated by the manner in which multiple individuals with a lung disease appear to cluster within the same family. General results for these models include recursive relationships for their mass functions and moments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 57 (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fama, Yuchen & Pozdnyakov, Vladimir, 2011. "A test for self-exciting clustering mechanism," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(10), pages 1541-1546, October.
- Minkova, Leda D & Omey, Edward, 2011. "A new Markov Binomial distribution," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/407588, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Yu, Chang & Zelterman, Daniel, 2008. "Sums of exchangeable Bernoulli random variables for family and litter frequency data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 1636-1649, January.
- Ramesh Gupta & Hui Tao, 2010. "A generalized correlated binomial distribution with application in multiple testing problems," Metrika, Springer, vol. 71(1), pages 59-77, January.
- Minkova, Leda D. & Omey, Edward, 2011. "A new Markov Binomial distribution," Working Papers 2011/24, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.