Robust model selection in regression via weighted likelihood methodology
AbstractRobust model selection procedures are introduced as a robust modification of the Akaike information criterion (AIC) and Mallows Cp. These extensions are based on the weighted likelihood methodology. When the model is correctly specified, these robust criteria are asymptotically equivalent to the classical ones under mild conditions. Robustness properties and the performance of the procedures are illustrated with examples and Monte Carlo simulations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 56 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Agostinelli, Claudio & Markatou, Marianthi, 1998. "A one-step robust estimator for regression based on the weighted likelihood reweighting scheme," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 341-350, March.
- Ronchetti, Elvezio, 1985. "Robust model selection in regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 21-23, February.
- C. Agostinelli, 2002. "Robust stepwise regression," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 825-840.
- Schomaker, Michael & Wan, Alan T.K. & Heumann, Christian, 2010. "Frequentist Model Averaging with missing observations," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(12), pages 3336-3347, December.
- Taylor, James W., 2008. "Exponentially weighted information criteria for selecting among forecasting models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 513-524.
- Salibian-Barrera, Matias & Van Aelst, Stefan, 2008. "Robust model selection using fast and robust bootstrap," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(12), pages 5121-5135, August.
- Riani, Marco & Atkinson, Anthony C., 2010. "Robust model selection with flexible trimming," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(12), pages 3300-3312, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.