Hoeffding's inequality for uniformly ergodic Markov chains
AbstractWe provide a generalization of Hoeffding's inequality to partial sums that are derived from a uniformly ergodic Markov chain. Our exponential inequality on the deviation of these sums from their expectation is particularly useful in situations where we require uniform control on the constants appearing in the bound.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 56 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chang, Hyeong Soo, 2006. "On convergence rate of the Shannon entropy rate of ergodic Markov chains via sample-path simulation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(12), pages 1261-1264, July.
- Hunt, F.Y., 2005. "Sample path optimality for a Markov optimization problem," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(5), pages 769-779, May.
- Boucher, Thomas R., 2009. "A Hoeffding inequality for Markov chains using a generalized inverse," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(8), pages 1105-1107, April.
- Miasojedow, Błażej, 2014. "Hoeffding’s inequalities for geometrically ergodic Markov chains on general state space," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 115-120.
- Ahmad, I.A. & Amezziane, M., 2013. "Probability inequalities for bounded random vectors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(4), pages 1136-1142.
- Penev, Spiridon & Peng, Hanxiang & Schick, Anton & Wefelmeyer, Wolfgang, 2004. "Efficient estimators for functionals of Markov chains with parametric marginals," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 335-345, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.