On some characterizations of spherical distributions
AbstractA characterization for each spherical (symmetric) distribution is presented. Moreover, a representation as a scale mixture of the Pearson type II distribution is obtained. Some extensions to the multivariate case are also considered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 54 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arellano-Valle, Reinaldo B. & Bolfarine, Heleno, 1995. "On some characterizations of the t-distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 79-85, October.
- Liang, Jia-Juan & Bentler, Peter M., 1998. "Characterizations of some subclasses of spherical distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 155-164, September.
- Cambanis, Stamatis & Huang, Steel & Simons, Gordon, 1981. "On the theory of elliptically contoured distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 368-385, September.
- Bansal, N. & Hamedani, G. G. & Key, Eric S. & Volkmer, Hans & Zhang, Hao & Behboodian, J., 1999. "Some characterizations of the normal distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 393-400, May.
- Volodin, Nikolai A., 1999. "Spherically Symmetric Logistic Distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 202-206, August.
- R. Arellano-Valle & H. Bolfarine & P. Iglesias, 1994. "A predictivistic interpretation of the multivariatet distribution," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 221-236, December.
- Arellano-Valle, R.B. & del Pino, G. & Iglesias, P., 2006. "Bayesian inference in spherical linear models: robustness and conjugate analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 179-197, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.