Prediction rules for exchangeable sequences related to species sampling
AbstractSuppose an exchangable sequence with values in a nice measurable space S admits a prediction rule of the following form: given the first n terms of the sequence, the next term equals the jth distinct value observed so far with probability pj,n, for j=1,2,... , and otherwise is a new value with distribution [nu] for some probability measure [nu] on S with no atoms. Then the pj,n depend only on the partitition of the first n integers induced by the first n values of the sequence. All possible distributions for such an exchangeable sequence are characterized in terms of constraints on the pj,n and in terms of their de Finetti representations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 46 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- U. Garibaldi & D. Costantini & P. Viarengo, 2007. "The two-parameter Ewens distribution: a finitary approach," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 147-161, December.
- Masanao Aoki & Hiroshi Yoshikawa, 2012. "Non-self-averaging in macroeconomic models: a criticism of modern micro-founded macroeconomics," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-22, May.
- Bissiri, Pier Giovanni, 2010. "Characterization of the law of a finite exchangeable sequence through the finite-dimensional distributions of the empirical measure," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(17-18), pages 1306-1312, September.
- Andrea Collevecchio & Codina Cotar & Marco LiCalzi, 2011. "On a preferential attachment and generalized Pólya's urn model," Working Papers 8, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia, revised Oct 2012.
- Cerquetti, Annalisa, 2007. "A note on Bayesian nonparametric priors derived from exponentially tilted Poisson-Kingman models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(18), pages 1705-1711, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.