A minimality property of the minimal martingale measure
AbstractLet X be a continuous adapted process for which there exists an equivalent local martingale measure (ELMM). The minimal martingale measure is the unique ELMM for X with the property that local P-martingales strongly orthogonal to the P-martingale part of X are also local -martingales. We prove that if exists, it minimizes the reverse relative entropy H(PQ) over all ELMMs Q for X. A counterexample shows that the assumption of continuity cannot be dropped.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 42 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Norbert Hofmann & Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 1992.
"Option Pricing Under Incompleteness and Stochastic Volatility,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 153-187.
- N. Hofmann & E. Platen & M. Schweizer, 1992. "Option Pricing under Incompleteness and Stochastic Volatility," Discussion Paper Serie B 209, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Hubalek, Friedrich & Sgarra, Carlo, 2009. "On the Esscher transforms and other equivalent martingale measures for Barndorff-Nielsen and Shephard stochastic volatility models with jumps," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(7), pages 2137-2157, July.
- Suleyman Basak & Georgy Chabakauri, 2010.
"Dynamic Mean-Variance Asset Allocation,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(8), pages 2970-3016, August.
- Gatfaoui Hayette & Chauveau Thierry, 2004.
"Pricing and Hedging Options in Incomplete Markets: Idiosyncratic Risk, Systematic Risk and Stochastic Volatility,"
- Thierry Chauveau & Hayette Gatfaoui, 2004. "Pricing and Hedging Options in Incomplete Markets: Idiosyncratic Risk, Systematic Risk and Stochastic Volatility," Research Paper Series 122, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Friedrich Hubalek & Carlo Sgarra, 2008. "On the Esscher transforms and other equivalent martingale measures for Barndorff-Nielsen and Shephard stochastic volatility models with jumps," Papers 0807.1227, arXiv.org.
- Stefan Kassberger & Thomas Liebmann, 2011. "Minimal q-entropy martingale measures for exponential time-changed Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 117-140, January.
- Ioannis Karatzas & Constantinos Kardaras, 2007. "The numéraire portfolio in semimartingale financial models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 447-493, October.
- Monoyios, Michael, 2007. "The minimal entropy measure and an Esscher transform in an incomplete market model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(11), pages 1070-1076, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.