A minimality property of the minimal martingale measure
AbstractLet X be a continuous adapted process for which there exists an equivalent local martingale measure (ELMM). The minimal martingale measure is the unique ELMM for X with the property that local P-martingales strongly orthogonal to the P-martingale part of X are also local -martingales. We prove that if exists, it minimizes the reverse relative entropy H(PQ) over all ELMMs Q for X. A counterexample shows that the assumption of continuity cannot be dropped.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 42 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. Hofmann & E. Platen & M. Schweizer, 1992.
"Option Pricing under Incompleteness and Stochastic Volatility,"
Discussion Paper Serie B
209, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Norbert Hofmann & Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 1992. "Option Pricing Under Incompleteness and Stochastic Volatility," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 153-187.
- Vicky Henderson, 2002. "Analytical Comparisons of Option prices in Stochastic Volatility Models," OFRC Working Papers Series, Oxford Financial Research Centre 2002mf03, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Basak, Suleyman & Chabakauri, Georgy, 2009.
"Dynamic Mean-Variance Asset Allocation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers
7256, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Suleyman Basak & Georgy Chabakauri, 2010. "Dynamic Mean-Variance Asset Allocation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(8), pages 2970-3016, August.
- Vicky Henderson & David Hobson & Sam Howison & Tino Kluge, 2005. "A Comparison of Option Prices Under Different Pricing Measures in a Stochastic Volatility Model with Correlation," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 5-25, June.
- Monoyios, Michael, 2007. "The minimal entropy measure and an Esscher transform in an incomplete market model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 77(11), pages 1070-1076, June.
- Gatfaoui Hayette & Chauveau Thierry, 2004.
"Pricing and Hedging Options in Incomplete Markets: Idiosyncratic Risk, Systematic Risk and Stochastic Volatility,"
- Thierry Chauveau & Hayette Gatfaoui, 2004. "Pricing and Hedging Options in Incomplete Markets: Idiosyncratic Risk, Systematic Risk and Stochastic Volatility," Research Paper Series, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney 122, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Hubalek, Friedrich & Sgarra, Carlo, 2009. "On the Esscher transforms and other equivalent martingale measures for Barndorff-Nielsen and Shephard stochastic volatility models with jumps," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 119(7), pages 2137-2157, July.
- Friedrich Hubalek & Carlo Sgarra, 2008. "On the Esscher transforms and other equivalent martingale measures for Barndorff-Nielsen and Shephard stochastic volatility models with jumps," Papers 0807.1227, arXiv.org.
- Vicky Henderson & David Hobson & Sam Howison & Tino Kluge, 2003. "A Comparison of q-optimal Option Prices in a Stochastic Volatility Model with Correlation," OFRC Working Papers Series, Oxford Financial Research Centre 2003mf02, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Ioannis Karatzas & Constantinos Kardaras, 2007. "The numÃ©raire portfolio in semimartingale financial models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 447-493, October.
- Stefan Kassberger & Thomas Liebmann, 2011. "Minimal q-entropy martingale measures for exponential time-changed LÃ©vy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 117-140, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.