The algebraic equality of two asymptotic tests for the hypothesis that a normal distribution has a specified correlation matrix
AbstractWe proved the algebraic equality between Jennrich's (1970) asymptotic [chi]2 test for equality of correlation matrices, and a Wald test statistic derived from the Neudecker and Wesselman (1990) expression of the asymptotic variance matrix of the sample correlation matrix.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 30 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Other versions of this item:
- Heinz Neudecker & Albert Satorra, 1995. "The algebraic equality of two asymptotic tests for the hypothesis that a normal distribution has a specified correlation matrix," Economics Working Papers 131, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kollo, T. & Neudecker, H., 1993. "Asymptotics of Eigenvalues and Unit-Length Eigenvectors of Sample Variance and Correlation Matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 283-300, November.
- Kentaro Hayashi & Akihito Kamata, 2005. "A note on the estimator of the alpha coefficient for standardized variables under normality," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 70(3), pages 579-586, September.
- Satorra, Albert & Neudecker, Heinz, 1997.
"Compact Matrix Expressions for Generalized Wald Tests of Equality of Moment Vectors, ,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 259-276, November.
- Albert Satorra & Heinz Neudecker, 1995. "Compact matrix expressions for generalized Wald tests of equality of moment vectors," Economics Working Papers 127, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.