Volunteer Management Practices and Volunteer Retention: A Human Resource Management Approach
AbstractThis study used a human resource management (HRM) approach to examine the efficacy of volunteer management practices in predicting perceived problems in volunteer retention. Participants were a sample of 375 Australian Rugby Union clubs from across the country. Confirmatory factor analysis was used to examine the properties of a hypothesised reflective measurement model with seven volunteer management constructs (planning, recruitment, screening, orientation, training and support, performance management, and recognition). The efficacy of volunteer management practices was tested using regression analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Sport Management Review.
Volume (Year): 9 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tom Keenoy, 1999. "HRM as Hologram: A Polemic," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 1-23, 01.
- Doherty, Alison J., 1998. "Managing Our Human Resources: A Review of Organisational Behaviour in Sport," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-24, November.
- Jarvis, Cheryl Burke & MacKenzie, Scott B & Podsakoff, Philip M, 2003. " A Critical Review of Construct Indicators and Measurement Model Misspecification in Marketing and Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 199-218, September.
- Lock, Daniel & Filo, Kevin & Kunkel, Thilo & Skinner, James, 2013. "Thinking about the same things differently: Examining perceptions of a non-profit community sport organisation," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 438-450.
- Thomson, Alana & Darcy, Simon & Pearce, Sonya, 2010. "Ganma theory and third-sector sport-development programmes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth: Implications for sports management," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 313-330, November.
- Shaw, Sally, 2009. ""It was all 'smile for Dunedin!"': Event Volunteer Experiences at the 2006 New Zealand Masters Games," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 26-33, February.
- Hoeber, Larena, 2010. "Experiences of volunteering in sport: Views from Aboriginal individuals," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 345-354, November.
- Ferkins, Lesley & Shilbury, David, 2010. "Developing board strategic capability in sport organisations: The national-regional governing relationship," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 235-254, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.