Extremal behavior of the autoregressive process with ARCH(1) errors
AbstractWe investigate the extremal behavior of a special class of autoregressive processes with ARCH(1) errors given by the stochastic difference equationwhere are i.i.d. random variables. The extremes of such processes occur typically in clusters. We give an explicit formula for the extremal index and the probabilities for the length of a cluster.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 85 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- de Haan, Laurens & Resnick, Sidney I. & Rootzén, Holger & de Vries, Casper G., 1989. "Extremal behaviour of solutions to a stochastic difference equation with applications to arch processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 213-224, August.
- Collamore, Jeffrey F. & Vidyashankar, Anand N., 2013. "Tail estimates for stochastic fixed point equations via nonlinear renewal theory," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(9), pages 3378-3429.
- Klüppelberg, Claudia & Pergamenchtchikov, Serguei, 2007. "Extremal behaviour of models with multivariate random recurrence representation," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(4), pages 432-456, April.
- Christopher Withers & Saralees Nadarajah, 2011. "The distribution of the maximum of a first order autoregressive process: the continuous case," Metrika, Springer, vol. 74(2), pages 247-266, September.
- Cline, Daren B.H., 2007. "Regular variation of order 1 nonlinear AR-ARCH models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(7), pages 840-861, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.