Estimation of a time series model from unequally spaced data
AbstractA process generated by a stochastic differential equation driven by pure noise is sampled at irregular intervals. A model for the sampled sequence is deduced. We describe a maximum likelihood procedure for estimating the parameters and establish the strong consistency and asymptotic normality of the estimates. The use of the model in prediction is considered. Simplifications in the case of periodic sampling are explored.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 6 (1977)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Robinson, 2007. "On Discrete Sampling Of Time-Varyingcontinuous-Time Systems," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2007/520, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Jorda, Oscar & Marcellino, Massimiliano, 2000.
"Stochastic Processes Subject to Time Scale Transformations: An Application to High-Frequency FX Data,"
00-2, University of California at Davis, Department of Economics.
- Oscar Jorda & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2003. "Stochastic Processes Subject To Time Scale Transformations: An Application To High-Frequency Fx Data," Working Papers 02, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Massimiliano Marcellino & Oscar Jorda, . "Stochastic Processes Subject to Time-Scale Transformations: An Application to High-Frequency FX Data," Working Papers 164, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Oscar Jorda & Massimiliano Marcellino, . "Stochastic Processes Subject To Time Scale Transformations: An Application To High-Frequency Fx Data," Department of Economics 00-02, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Yacine Ait--Sahalia & Per A. Mykland, 2003.
"The Effects of Random and Discrete Sampling when Estimating Continuous--Time Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(2), pages 483-549, March.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia & Per A. Mykland, 2002. "The Effects of Random and Discrete Sampling When Estimating Continuous-Time Diffusions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0276, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vilar, José A. & Vilar, Juan M., 2000. "Finite sample performance of density estimators from unequally spaced data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 63-73, October.
- P. Thomson, 1992. "Signal estimation using stochastic velocity models and irregular arrays," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 13-25, March.
- Peter Robinson, 2007. "Correlation testing in time series, spatial and cross-sectional data," CeMMAP working papers CWP01/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Robinson, P.M., 2008. "Correlation testing in time series, spatial and cross-sectional data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 5-16, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.