A class of micropulses and antipersistent fractional Brownian motion
AbstractWe begin with stochastic processes obtained as sums of "up-and-down" pulses with random moments of birth [tau] and random lifetime w determined by a Poisson random measure. When the pulse amplitude [var epsilon] --> 0, while the pulse density [delta] increases to infinity, one obtains a process of "fractal sum of micropulses." A CLT style argument shows convergence in the sense of finite dimensional distributions to a Gaussian process with negatively correlated increments. In the most interesting case the limit is fractional Brownian motion (FBM), a self-affine process with the scaling constant . The construction is extended to the multidimensional FBM field as well as to micropulses of more complicated shape.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 60 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diebold, Francis X. & Inoue, Atsushi, 2001.
"Long memory and regime switching,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 131-159, November.
- Christian Fischer & Luis Gil-Alana, 2009.
"The nature of the relationship between international tourism and international trade: the case of German imports of Spanish wine,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(11), pages 1345-1359.
- Fischer, Christian & Gil-Alana, Luis A., 2006. "The nature of the relationship between international tourism and international trade: the case of German imports of Spanish wine," 98th Seminar, June 29-July 2, 2006, Chania, Crete, Greece 10049, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fischer, Christian & Gil-Alana, Luis A., 2007. "The nature of the relationship between international tourism and international trade: the case of German imports of Spanish wine," Discussion Papers 57033, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
- Fischer, Christian & Gil-Alana, Luis A., 2006. "The Nature of the Relationship between International Tourism and International Trade: The Case of German Imports of Spanish Wine," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25341, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Luis Gil-Alana, 2003. "Stochastic behavior of nominal exchange rates," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 31(2), pages 159-173, June.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2005.
"Long Run And Cyclical Dynamics In The Us Stock Market,"
Economics and Finance Discussion Papers
05-09, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2007. "Long Run and Cyclical Dynamics in the US Stock Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 2046, CESifo Group Munich.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Gil-Alana, Luis A., 2004. "Long-run and Cyclical Dynamics in the US Stock Market," Economics Series 155, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- L.A. Gil-Alana & G.M. caporale, 2004. "Long-run and Cyclical Dynamics in the US Stock Market," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 344, Econometric Society.
- Luis Gil-Alana, 2004. "The dynamics of the real exchange rates in Europe: a comparative study across countries using fractional integration," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(7), pages 429-432.
- Dominique Guegan, 2005. "How can we define the concept of long memory ? An econometric survey," Post-Print halshs-00179343, HAL.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Jasiak, Joann, 2001. "Memory and infrequent breaks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 29-41, January.
- Cioczek-Georges, R. & Mandelbrot, B. B., 1996. "Alternative micropulses and fractional Brownian motion," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 143-152, November.
- Francis Ahking, 2010.
"Non-parametric tests of real exchange rates in the post-Bretton Woods era,"
Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 439-456, October.
- Francis W. Ahking, 2004. "Non-Parametric Tests of Real Exchange rates in the Post-Bretton Woods Era," Working papers 2004-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- L. A. Gil-Alana, 2003. "A fractional integration analysis of the population in some OECD countries," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(10), pages 1147-1159.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis Gil-Alana, 2004. "Long range dependence in daily stock returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 375-383.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.