Resampling a coverage pattern
AbstractThe possibility of resampling (bootstrapping) a spatial pattern is investigated. It is suggested that resampling provides a unified approach to consistemt inference in a wide range of coverage problems. Nevertheless, resampling distorts some of the interactions in the problem, and so introduces biases. The sizes of bias and standard deviation are investigated in the case of estimating sampling variance via resampling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 20 (1985)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sjöstedt-de Luna, Sara, 2001. "Resampling non-homogeneous spatial data with smoothly varying mean values," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 373-379, July.
- Wolfgang Hardle & Torsten Kleinow & Alexander Korostelev & Camille Logeay & Eckhard Platen, 2001. "Semiparametric Diffusion Estimation and Application to a Stock Market Model," Research Paper Series 51, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Lahiri, Soumendra Nath, 1997. "On Inconsistency of the Jackknife-after-Bootstrap Bias Estimator for Dependent Data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 15-34, October.
- Iranpanah, N. & Mohammadzadeh, M. & Taylor, C.C., 2011. "A comparison of block and semi-parametric bootstrap methods for variance estimation in spatial statistics," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 578-587, January.
- Whitcher, Brandon, 2006. "Wavelet-based bootstrapping of spatial patterns on a finite lattice," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(9), pages 2399-2421, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.