Decomposability for stable processes
AbstractWe characterize all possible independent symmetric α-stable (SαS) components of an SαS process, 0<α<2. In particular, we focus on stationary SαS processes and their independent stationary SαS components. We also develop a parallel characterization theory for max-stable processes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 122 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cambanis, Stamatis & Hardin, Clyde D. & Weron, Aleksander, 1987. "Ergodic properties of stationary stable processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Hardin, Clyde D., 1982. "On the spectral representation of symmetric stable processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 385-401, September.
- Pipiras, Vladas, 2007. "Nonminimal sets, their projections and integral representations of stable processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(9), pages 1285-1302, September.
- Cambanis, Stamatis & Maejima, Makoto & Samorodnitsky, Gennady, 1992. "Characterization of linear and harmonizable fractional stable motions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 91-110, August.
- Wang, Yizao & Stoev, Stilian A., 2010. "On the association of sum- and max-stable processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(5-6), pages 480-488, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.