Moments, moderate and large deviations for a branching process in a random environment
AbstractLet (Zn) be a supercritical branching process in a random environment ξ, and W be the limit of the normalized population size Zn/E[Zn|ξ]. We show large and moderate deviation principles for the sequence logZn (with appropriate normalization). For the proof, we calculate the critical value for the existence of harmonic moments of W, and show an equivalence for all the moments of Zn. Central limit theorems on W−Wn and logZn are also established.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 122 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Hesong & Gao, Zhiqiang & Liu, Quansheng, 2011. "Central limit theorems for a supercritical branching process in a random environment," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(5), pages 539-547, May.
- Afanasyev, V.I. & Geiger, J. & Kersting, G. & Vatutin, V.A., 2005. "Functional limit theorems for strongly subcritical branching processes in random environment," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(10), pages 1658-1676, October.
- Tanny, David, 1988. "A necessary and sufficient condition for a branching process in a random environment to grow like the product of its means," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 123-139, April.
- Böinghoff, Christian & Kersting, Götz, 2010. "Upper large deviations of branching processes in a random environment--Offspring distributions with geometrically bounded tails," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(10), pages 2064-2077, September.
- Liu, Quansheng, 2001. "Asymptotic properties and absolute continuity of laws stable by random weighted mean," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 83-107, September.
- Liu, Quansheng, 1999. "Asymptotic properties of supercritical age-dependent branching processes and homogeneous branching random walks," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 61-87, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.