Improved convergence rate for the simulation of stochastic differential equations driven by subordinated Lévy processes
AbstractWe consider the Euler approximation of stochastic differential equations (SDEs) driven by Lévy processes in the case where we cannot simulate the increments of the driving process exactly. In some cases, where the driving process Y is a subordinated stable process, i.e., Y=Z(V) with V a subordinator and Z a stable process, we propose an approximation Y by Z(Vn) where Vn is an approximation of V. We then compute the rate of convergence for the approximation of the solution X of an SDE driven by Y using results about the stability of SDEs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 108 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marc Yor & Dilip B. Madan & Hélyette Geman, 2002. "Stochastic volatility, jumps and hidden time changes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 63-90.
- Rubenthaler, Sylvain, 2003. "Numerical simulation of the solution of a stochastic differential equation driven by a Lévy process," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 311-349, February.
- Hélyette Geman & Dilip B. Madan & Marc Yor, 2001. "Time Changes for Lévy Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 79-96.
- Barndorff-Nielsen, Ole E. & Pérez-Abreu, Victor, 1999. "Stationary and self-similar processes driven by Lévy processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 357-369, December.
- Nicola Bruti-Liberati, 2007. "Numerical Solution of Stochastic Differential Equations with Jumps in Finance," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 1.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.