Gratitude and gratuity: a meta-analysis of research on the service-tipping relationship
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Journal of Socio-Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ofer H. Azar, 2005.
"Why pay extra? Tipping and the importance of social norms and feelings in economic theory,"
- Azar, Ofer H., 2007. "Why pay extra? Tipping and the importance of social norms and feelings in economic theory," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 250-265, April.
- Azar, Ofer H., 2006. "Tipping, firm strategy, and industrial organization," MPRA Paper 4485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Azar, Ofer H., 2004.
"What sustains social norms and how they evolve?: The case of tipping,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 49-64, May.
- Ofer H. Azar, 2003. "What sustains social norms and how they evolve? The case of tipping," Others 0309001, EconWPA.
- Azar, Ofer H., 2009. "Tipping motivations and behavior in the US and Israel," MPRA Paper 20304, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ofer H. Azar & Yossi Tobol, 2008.
"Tipping as a Strategic Investment in Service Quality: An Optimal-Control Analysis of Repeated Interactions in the Service Industry,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 246-260, July.
- Azar, Ofer H. & Tobol, Yossi, 2006. "Tipping as a strategic investment in service quality: An optimal-control analysis of repeated interactions in the service industry," MPRA Paper 4393, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Conlin, Michael & Lynn, Michael & O'Donoghue, Ted, 2003. "The norm of restaurant tipping," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 297-321, November.
- Ofer H. Azar, 2003.
"The History of Tipping - From Sixteenth-Century England to United States in the 1910s,"
- Azar, Ofer H., 2004. "The history of tipping--from sixteenth-century England to United States in the 1910s," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 745-764, December.
- Parrett, Matt, 2011. "Do people with food service experience tip better?," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 464-471.
- Holland, Steven J., 2009. "Tipping as risk sharing," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 641-647, August.
- Saunders, Stephen G. & Lynn, Michael, 2010. "Why tip? An empirical test of motivations for tipping car guards," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 106-113, February.
- Azar, Ofer H., 2005.
"Incentives and Service Quality in the Restaurant Industry: The Tipping – Service Puzzle,"
4457, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Ofer Azar, 2009. "Incentives and service quality in the restaurant industry: the tipping-service puzzle," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 41(15), pages 1917-1927.
- Ofer H. Azar, 2003. "Tipping: The Economics of a Social Norm," Labor and Demography 0309002, EconWPA.
- Andrej Raspor, 2011. "The Use of Techniques for Increasing Servers’ Tips," Academica Turistica - Tourism and Innovation Journal, University of Primorska, Faculty of Tourism Studies - Turistica,, vol. 4(2), pages 65-76.
- Ofer H. Azar, 2003. "The implications of tipping for economics and management," Others 0309002, EconWPA.
- Tin-Chun Lin, 2007. "Economic Behavior of Restaurant Tipping," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(2), pages 1-10.
- Azar, Ofer H., 2011. "Business strategy and the social norm of tipping," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 515-525, June.
- Ofer H. Azar, 2003. "The Social Norm of Tipping: A Review," Others 0309006, EconWPA.
- Matthew Parrett, 2011. "Customer Discrimination in Restaurants: Dining Frequency Matters," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 87-112, June.
- Lynn, Michael & Jabbour, Patrick & Kim, Woo Gon, 2012. "Who uses tips as a reward for service and when? An examination of potential moderators of the service–tipping relationship," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 90-103.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.