Networks, capabilities, and competitive advantage
AbstractThis conceptual paper joins network theories of firm interaction with the recent resource-based perspective in strategic management. This suggests a more satisfactory underpinning for the analysis of competitive advantage within the network approach. In other words, application of the resource-based approach suggests one way to uncover the sources of competitive advantage of the network firm. The paper also makes the related point that network theorists stand to benefit from the Marshallian tradition in industrial economics, a point that has sometimes been made by network theorists, but has never or seldom been elaborated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Scandinavian Journal of Management.
Volume (Year): 15 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/872/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2011. "How high is the ability of tourism to reverse the course of depressed regions? An appraisal based on the recovery of the Portuguese Douro Valley," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1148, European Regional Science Association.
- Kostas Tsekouras & Dimitris Skuras, 2005. "Productive efficiency and exports: an examination of alternative hypotheses for the Greek cement industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 279-291.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2013.
"Competitiveness, Clusters And Policy At The Regional Level: Rhetoric Vs. Practice In Designing Policy For Depressed Regions,"
Regional Science Inquiry,
Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 101-116, June.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2010. "Competitiveness, Clusters and Policy at the Regional Level: Rhetoric vs. Practice in Designing Policy for Depressed Regions," FEP Working Papers 386, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Schiele, Holger & Krummaker, Stefan, 2011. "Consortium benchmarking: Collaborative academic-practitioner case study research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(10), pages 1137-1145, October.
- Amandine Pascal & Catherine Thomas & Georges Romme, 2009. "Méthodologie de « Design Collaboratif » : une approche intégrative," Post-Print halshs-00374980, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.