Merger arbitrage and the interaction between target and bidder stocks during takeover bids
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research in International Business and Finance.
Volume (Year): 19 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hutson, Elaine & Kearney, Colm, 2001. "Volatility in stocks subject to takeover bids: Australian evidence using daily data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 273-296, July.
- Schwert, G William, 1989.
" Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change over Time?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1115-53, December.
- G. William Schwert, 1990. "Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change Over Time?," NBER Working Papers 2798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koutoulas, George & Kryzanowski, Lawrence, 1996. "Macrofactor Conditional Volatilities, Time-Varying Risk Premia and Stock Return Behavior," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 31(1), pages 169-95, February.
- Pagan, Adrian R. & Schwert, G. William, 1990.
"Alternative models for conditional stock volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 267-290.
- Adrian R. Pagan & G. William Schwert, 1990. "Alternative Models For Conditional Stock Volatility," NBER Working Papers 2955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pagan, A.R. & Schwert, G.W., 1989. "Alternative Models For Conditional Stock Volatility," Papers 89-02, Rochester, Business - General.
- Kearney, Colm, 2000. "The determination and international transmission of stock market volatility," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 31-52.
- Samuelson, William & Rosenthal, Leonard, 1986. " Price Movements as Indicators of Tender Offer Success," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(2), pages 481-99, June.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Seguin, Paul J., 1993. "Price Volatility, Trading Volume, and Market Depth: Evidence from Futures Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 21-39, March.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Ruback, Richard S., 1983. "The market for corporate control : The scientific evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 5-50, April.
- Baker, Malcolm & Savasoglu, Serkan, 2002. "Limited arbitrage in mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 91-115, April.
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Brickley, James A & Loewenstein, Uri, 1987. " The Pricing Effects of Interfirm Cash Tender Offers," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(4), pages 965-86, September.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-47, February.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J & Seguin, Paul J, 1994. " Volume, Volatility, and New York Stock Exchange Trading Halts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 183-214, March.
- Adrian Pagan, 1985.
"Two Stage and Related Estimators and Their Applications,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
741, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1986. "Two Stage and Related Estimators and Their Applications," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 517-38, August.
- Oxley, Les & McAleer, Michael, 1993. " Econometric Issues in Macroeconomic Models with Generated Regressors," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 1-40.
- Levy, Haim & Yoder, James A, 1993. "The Behavior of Option Implied Standard Deviations around Merger and Acquisition Announcements," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 28(2), pages 261-72, May.
- Mcleer, M. & Mckenzie, C.R., 1989. "When Are Two Step Estimators Efficient?," Papers 179, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Mark Mitchell, 2001. "Characteristics of Risk and Return in Risk Arbitrage," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2135-2175, December.
- William F. Sharpe, 1963. "A Simplified Model for Portfolio Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 277-293, January.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1990.
" Do Managerial Objectives Drive Bad Acquisitions?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 31-48, March.
- Balázs Égert & Evžen Kocenda, 2007. "Time-Varying Comovements in Developed and Emerging European Stock Markets: Evidence from Intraday Data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp861, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.