Adjusting for risk:: An improved Sharpe ratio
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Review of Economics & Finance.
Volume (Year): 9 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gonzalo Cortazar & Alejandro Bernales & Diether Beuermann, 2005. "Methodology and Implementation of Value-at-Risk Measures in Emerging Fixed-Income Markets with Infrequent Trading," Finance 0512030, EconWPA.
- Pierre Giot & Mikael Petitjean, 2009.
"Short-term market timing using the bond-equity yield ratio,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 365-384.
- GIOT, Pierre & PETITJEAN, Mikael, 2006. "Short-term market timing using the Bond-Equity Yield Ratio," CORE Discussion Papers 2006090, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Seitz, Franz & Auer, Benjamin R., 2008. "Performancemessung: Theoretische Maße und empirische Umsetzung mit VBA," OTH im Dialog: Weidener Diskussionspapiere 12, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Ioan Trenca & Simona Mutu & Nicolae Petria, 2011. "Econometric Models Used For Managing The Market Risk In The Romanian Banking System," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 2011, pages 115-123, july.
- Monica Billio & Massimiliano Caporin & Michele Costola, 2012. "Backward/forward optimal combination of performance measures for equity screening," Working Papers 2012_13, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Y. Malevergne & D. Sornette, 2002. "Multi-Moments Method for Portfolio Management: Generalized Capital Asset Pricing Model in Homogeneous and Heterogeneous markets," Papers cond-mat/0207475, arXiv.org.
- Rottmann, Horst & Franz, Thomas, 2008. "Die Performance deutscher Aktienfonds: Lassen sich Selektions- und Timingfähigkeiten nachweisen und hat die Wahl des Performancemaßes einen Einfluss auf die Beurteilung?," OTH im Dialog: Weidener Diskussionspapiere 5, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Hsu, Pao-Peng & Liao, Szu-Lang, 2012. "The portfolio strategy and hedging: A spectrum perspective on mean–variance theory," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 129-140.
- GIOT, Pierre & PETITJEAN, Mikael, 2006. "International stock return predictability: statistical evidence and economic significance," CORE Discussion Papers 2006088, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mohamed Arouri & Duc Khuong Nguyen & Kuntara Pukthuanthong, 2014. "Diversification benefits and strategic portfolio allocation across asset classes: The case of the US markets," Working Papers 2014-294, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2001.
"Risk-adjusted, ex ante, optimal technical trading rules in equity markets,"
1999-015, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Neely, Christopher J., 2003. "Risk-adjusted, ex ante, optimal technical trading rules in equity markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 69-87.
- Auer, Benjamin R., 2014. "Should hedge funds be cautious reporting high returns?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 195-201.
- Dirk Tasche & Luisa Tibiletti, 2002. "A shortcut to sign Incremental Value-at-Risk for risk allocation," Papers cond-mat/0204593, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2002.
- Zakamouline, Valeri & Koekebakker, Steen, 2009. "Portfolio performance evaluation with generalized Sharpe ratios: Beyond the mean and variance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1242-1254, July.
- Eling, Martin & Schuhmacher, Frank, 2007. "Does the choice of performance measure influence the evaluation of hedge funds?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2632-2647, September.
- Homm, Ulrich & Pigorsch, Christian, 2012. "Beyond the Sharpe ratio: An application of the Aumann–Serrano index to performance measurement," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2274-2284.
- Martin Eling & Simone Farinelli & Damiano Rossello & Luisa Tibiletti, 2010. "Skewness in hedge funds returns: classical skewness coefficients vs Azzalini's skewness parameter," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(4), pages 290-304, September.
- Abdelbari El Khamlichi & Odile Ferry & Kamel Laaradh, 2014. "The performance of Islamic vs. conventional equity indices: Sectoral evidence," Working Papers 2014-393, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.