Do nominal devaluations lead to real devaluations? Evidence from 89 countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Review of Economics & Finance.
Volume (Year): 17 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- A. U. Santos-Paulino, 2002.
"Trade Liberalisation and Export Performance in Selected Developing Countries,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 140-164.
- Amelia U. Santos-Paulino, 2000. "Trade Liberalisation and Export Performance in Selected Developing Countries," Studies in Economics 0012, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Stockman, Alan C., 1988.
"Real exchange-rate variability under pegged and floating nominal exchange-rate systems: An equilibrium theory,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 259-294, January.
- Alan C. Stockman, 1988. "Real Exchange Rate Variability under Pegged and Floating Nominal Exchange Rate Systems: An Equilibrium Theory," NBER Working Papers 2565, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stockman, A.C., 1988. "Real Exchange Rate Variability Under Pegged And Floating Nominal Exchange Rate Systems: An Equilibrium Theory," RCER Working Papers 128, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Zohre Ardalani, 2006. "Exchange Rate Sensitivity of U.S. Trade Flows: Evidence from Industry Data," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 542-559, January.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Artatrana Ratha, 2004. "The J-Curve: a literature review," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(13), pages 1377-1398.
- Joyce, J.P. & Kamas, L., 1997.
"Real and Nominal Determinants of Real Exchange Rates in Latin America: Short-Run Dynamics and Long-Run Equilibrium,"
97-05, Wellesley College - Department of Economics.
- Joseph Joyce & Linda Kamas, 2003. "Real and nominal determinants of real exchange rates in Latin America: Short-run dynamics and long-run equilibrium," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(6), pages 155-182.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Miteza, Ilir, 2002. "Do nominal devaluations lead to real devaluations in LDCs?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 385-391, February.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Abera Gelan, 2007. "On the Relation between Nominal Devaluation and Real Devaluation: Evidence from African Countries," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 16(2), pages 177-197, March.
- Roland Vaubel, 1976.
"Real exchange-rate changes in the European community: The empirical evidence and its implications for European currency unification,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 112(3), pages 429-470, September.
- Vaubel, Roland, 1976. "Real exchange-rate changes in the European Community: The empirical evidence and its implications for European currency unification," Kiel Working Papers 39, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Josef Brada & Ali Kutan & Su Zhou, 1997. "The exchange rate and the balance of trade: The Turkish experience," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 675-692.
- Mark J. Holmes, 2004. "Can African Countries Achieve Long-Run Real Exchange Rate Depreciation Through Nominal Exchange Rate Depreciation?," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 72(2), pages 305-323, 06.
- L. Kamas, 2001. "Monetary and Exchange Rate Policy in Colombia: Effects on the Real Exchange Rate in the 1990s," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 131-166.
- M Bahmani-Oskooee & I Miteza, 2003. "Are Devaluations Expansionary or Contractionary? A survey article," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 8(2), pages 1-28, September.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Maharouf Oyolola, 2007. "Export growth and output growth: An application of bounds testing approach," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 1-11, March.
- Agnese, Pablo, 2011. "The Japanese Lost Decade and Beyond: A Chain Reaction Theory Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 5463, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Melesse, Wondemhunegn Ezezew, 2011. "The Dynamics between Real Exchange Rate Movements and Trends in Trade Performance: The Case of Ethiopia," MPRA Paper 29161, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agnese, Pablo & Sala, Hector, 2009.
"The fading 1990s in Japan: Driving forces behind the unemployment upsurge,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 428-439, June.
- Agnese, Pablo & Sala, Hector, 2008. "The fading 1990s in Japan: Driving forces behind the unemployment upsurge," MPRA Paper 16501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Melesse, Wondemhunegn Ezezew, 2011. "The Dynamics between Real Exchange Rate Movements and Trends in Trade Performance: The Case of Ethiopia," MPRA Paper 29316, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kubo, Koji, 2012.
"Real exchange rate appreciation, resource boom, and policy reform in Myanmar,"
IDE Discussion Papers
358, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Koji Kubo, 2013. "Real exchange rate appreciation, resource boom, and policy reform in Myanmar," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 27(1), pages 110-126, 05.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.