How to institutionalize innovative clusters? Comparing explicit top-down and implicit bottom-up approaches
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2005)
Issue (Month): 8 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asheim, Bjorn T & Isaksen, Arne, 2002. " Regional Innovation Systems: The Integration of Local 'Sticky' and Global 'Ubiquitous' Knowledge," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 77-86, January.
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "The elusive concept of localization economies: towards a knowledge-based theory of spatial clustering," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(3), pages 429-449, March.
- Breschi, Stefano & Malerba, Franco, 2001. "The Geography of Innovation and Economic Clustering: Some Introductory Notes," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 817-33, December.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002.
"Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea,"
ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers
wp244, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003. "Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
- Edward M. Bergman & Patrick Lehner, 1998. "Industrial cluster formation in European regions: U.S. cluster templates and Austrian evidence," SRE-Disc sre-disc-65, Institute for the Environment and Regional Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- David Newlands, 2003. "Competition and Cooperation in Industrial Clusters: The Implications for Public Policy," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 521-532, July.
- Baptista, Rui, 2000. "Do innovations diffuse faster within geographical clusters?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 515-535, April.
- Stuart A. Rosenfeld, 2003. "Expanding Opportunities: Cluster Strategies That Reach More People and More Places 1," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 359-377, June.
- Frank Moulaert & Farid Sekia, 2003. "Territorial Innovation Models: A Critical Survey," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 289-302.
- Rolf Sternberg & Timo Litzenberger, 2004. "Regional clusters in Germany--their geography and their relevance for entrepreneurial activities," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6), pages 767-791, September.
- Maskell, Peter, 2001. "Towards a Knowledge-Based Theory of the Geographical Cluster," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 921-43, December.
- Jappe-Heinze, Arlette & Baier, Elisabeth & Kroll, Henning, 2008. "Clusterpolitik: Kriterien für die Evaluation von regionalen Clusterinitiativen," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R3/2008, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Secondo Rolfo, 2006. "Réflexions en thème de district, clusters, réseaux : le problème de la gouvernance," CERIS Working Paper 200609, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
- Gull, Isabel, 2013. "Das Management von Innovationsclustern: Die operative Clusterführung," Arbeitspapiere 137, Westfälsche Wilhelms-Universität Münster (WWU), Institut für Genossenschaftswesen.
- Thomas Brenner & Carsten Emmrich & Charlotte Schlump, 2013. "Regional Effects of a Cluster-oriented policy measure. The Case of the InnoRegio program in Germany," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2013-05, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Barthelemy Chollet & Mickaël Géraudel & Caroline Mothe, 2013. "Generating Business Referrals for SMEs: The Contingent Value of CEOs' Social Capital," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00915173, HAL.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo, 2014. "Social Network Analysis Methodologies for the Evaluation of Cluster Development Programs," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers 2014/11, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Soekijad, M. & Walschots, J. & Huysman, M., 2008. "Congestion at the floating road? Negotiation in networked innovation," Serie Research Memoranda 0002, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Anz, Michael, 2009. "Effekte regionalisierter Innovationspolitik auf die Entstehung von Clustern: Eine multidimensionale Betrachtung der Biotechnologieoffensive des Freistaates Sachsen," Arbeitsmaterial der ARL: Aufsätze, in: Innovationen im Raum - Raum für Innovationen: 11. Junges Forum der ARL, 21. bis 23. Mai 2008 in Berlin, pages 91-100 Akademie für Raumforschung und Landesplanung (ARL) - Leibniz-Forum für Raumwissenschaften.
- Henn, Sebastian, 2010. "Clusters, Transnational Entrepreneurs and the Emergence of New Global Production Patterns. The Palanpuris and the Reorganization of Diamond Manufacturing," MPRA Paper 22686, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benner, Maximilian, 2012. "Cluster Policy: Principles and a Toolbox," MPRA Paper 43847, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koschatzky, Knut & Stahlecker, Thomas, 2009. "Cohesion policy at the interface between regional development and the promotion of innovation," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R3/2009, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Schimke, Antje & Teichert, Nina & Ott, Ingrid, 2012. "Impact of local knowledge endowment on employment growth in nanotechnology," Working Paper Series in Economics 38, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Yuan-Chieh Chang & Ming-Huei Chen & Yuan-Po Lin & Yu-Shiang Gao, 2012. "Measuring Regional Innovation and Entrepreneurship Capabilities," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 90-108, June.
- Koschatzky, Knut & Lo, Vivien, 2007. "Methodological framework for cluster analyses," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R1/2007, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.