Innovation and regional economic development: A matter of perspective?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2005)
Issue (Month): 8 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ann Markusen, 1999.
"Fuzzy Concepts, Scanty Evidence, Policy Distance: The Case for Rigour and Policy Relevance in Critical Regional Studies,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 869-884.
- Ann Markusen, 2003. "Fuzzy Concepts, Scanty Evidence, Policy Distance: The Case for Rigour and Policy Relevance in Critical Regional Studies," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 701-717.
- Robert M. Solow, 1994. "Perspectives on Growth Theory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 45-54, Winter.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1987. "A technology gap approach to why growth rates differ," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2-4), pages 87-99, August.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 1995.
"Engines of Growth: Domestic and Foreign Sources of Innovation,"
Boston University - Institute for Economic Development
63, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Kortum, Samuel, 1997. "Engines of growth: Domestic and foreign sources of innovation," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 235-259, May.
- Samuel S. Kortum & Jonathan Eaton, 1995. "Engines of growth: domestic and foreign sources of innovation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 1995. "Engines of Growth: Domestic and Foreign Sources of Innovation," NBER Working Papers 5207, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002.
"Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea,"
ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers
wp244, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003. "Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin Morgan, 1997. "The Learning Region: Institutions, Innovation and Regional Renewal," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 491-503.
- Moreno, Ramon & Trehan, Bharat, 1997.
" Location and the Growth of Nations,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 399-418, December.
- Salter, Ammon J. & Martin, Ben R., 2001. "The economic benefits of publicly funded basic research: a critical review," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 509-532, March.
- Rinaldo Evangelista & Simona Iammarino & Valeria Mastrostefano & Alberto Silvani, 2002. "Looking for Regional Systems of Innovation: Evidence from the Italian Innovation Survey," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 173-186.
- Jonathan Temple, 1999. "The New Growth Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 112-156, March.
- Zitt, M. & Barre, R. & Sigogneau, A. & Laville, F., 1999. "Territorial concentration and evolution of science and technology activities in the European Union: a descriptive analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 545-562, June.
- Cooke, Philip, 2001. "Regional Innovation Systems, Clusters, and the Knowledge Economy," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 945-74, December.
- R. Paci & S. Usai, 1997.
"Technological enclaves and industrial districts. An analysis of the regional distributions of innovative activity in Europe,"
Working Paper CRENoS
199708, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Raffaele Paci & Stefano Usai, 2000. "Technological Enclaves and Industrial Districts: An Analysis of the Regional Distribution of Innovative Activity in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 97-114.
- Raffaele Paci & Stefano Usai, 1998. "Technological enclaves and industrial districts: An analysis of the regional distribution of innovative activity in Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa98p461, European Regional Science Association.
- Brian Ceh, 2001. "articles: Regional innovation potential in the United States: Evidence of spatial transformation," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 80(3), pages 297-316.
- Tassey, Gregory, 1999. "Lessons learned about the methodology of economic impact studies: the nist experience," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 113-119.
- Greenhalgh, C & Longland, M & Bosworth, D, 2001. "Technological Activity and Employment in a Panel of UK Firms," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(3), pages 260-82, August.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2135, David K. Levine.
- Oughton, Christine & Landabaso, Mikel & Morgan, Kevin, 2002. " The Regional Innovation Paradox: Innovation Policy and Industrial Policy," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 97-110, January.
- Paul M. Romer, 1994. "The Origins of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 3-22, Winter.
- Robert Huggins, 2003. "Creating a UK Competitiveness Index: Regional and Local Benchmarking," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 89-96.
- Ades, Alberto & Chua, Hak B, 1997. " Thy Neighbor's Curse: Regional Instability and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 279-304, September.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1969.
"An Economic Theory of Technological Change,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
265, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Abramovsky, L. & Harrison, R. & Simpson, H., 2004. "Increasing innovative activity in the UK? Where now for government support for innovation and technology transfer?," Open Access publications from University College London http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
- Metcalfe, J S, 1995. "Technology Systems and Technology Policy in an Evolutionary Framework," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 25-46, February.
- Michael Fritsch, 2000. "Interregional Differences in R&D Activities—An Empirical Investigation," European Planning Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 409-427, August.
- Martin, Ron, 1999. "The New 'Geographical Turn' in Economics: Some Critical Reflections," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 65-91, January.
- Marco Corsino & Roberto Gabriele & Anna Giunta, 2012. "R&D Incentives: The Effectiveness Of A Place-Based Policy," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0169, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Faggian, Alessandra & Mañé Vernet, Ferran, 2010. "Internal and External Determinants of Radical and incremental Innovation in SMEs: the case of Catalonia," Working Papers 2072/179605, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Ron Boschma, 2013. "Constructing Regional Advantage and Smart Specialization: Comparison of Two European Policy Concepts," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1322, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Nov 2013.
- Andreia Cardoso & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2009. "Returns on R&D investment: A comprehensive survey on the magnitude and evaluation methodologies," UITT Working Papers 2009-03-wp1, INESC Porto, Unidade de Inovação e Transferência de Tecnologia(UITT).
- Maria Manuela Natario & Joao Pedro Couto & Ascensao Maria Braga & Teresa Maria Tiago, 2011. "Evaluating The Determinants Of National Innovative Capacity Among European Countries," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1342, European Regional Science Association.
- Matić, Branko & Serdarušić, Hrvoje, 2008.
"Financiranje regionalnog razvitka putem subvencija i donacija
[Grant and Donation in Financing Regional Development]," MPRA Paper 11120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mikel Navarro Arancegui & Juan José Gibaja Martíns, 2009. "Las tipologías en los sistemas regionales de innovación. El caso de España," EKONOMIAZ, Gobierno Vasco / Eusko Jaurlaritza / Basque Government, vol. 70(01), pages 240-281.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Muriel Fadairo & Nadine Massard, 2010.
"Knowledge diffusion and innovation policies within the European regions: Challenges based on recent empirical evidence,"
1010, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Autant-Bernard, Corinne & Fadairo, Muriel & Massard, Nadine, 2013. "Knowledge diffusion and innovation policies within the European regions: Challenges based on recent empirical evidence," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 196-210.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Nadine Massard & Muriel Fadairo, 2010. "Knowledge diffusion and innovation policies within the European regions: Challenges based on recent empirical evidence," Post-Print halshs-00491062, HAL.
- Shahid Yusuf, 2012. "From Technological Catch-up to Innovation : The Future of China’s GDP Growth," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12781, The World Bank.
- GUAN, Jian Cheng & YAM, Richard C.M. & Tang, Esther P.Y. & Lau, Antonio K.W., 2009. "Innovation strategy and performance during economic transition: Evidences in Beijing, China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 802-812, June.
- Verny, Jerome & Grigentin, Christophe, 2009. "Container shipping on the Northern Sea Route," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 107-117, November.
- Andrew Copus & Dimitris Skuras & Kyriaki Tsegenidi, 2006. "Innovation and Peripherality: A Comparative Study in Six EU Member Countries," ERSA conference papers ersa06p295, European Regional Science Association.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.