University-industry collaborations in Japan: The role of new technology-based firms in transforming the National Innovation System
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2005)
Issue (Month): 5 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Santoro, Michael D. & Chakrabarti, Alok K., 2002. "Firm size and technology centrality in industry-university interactions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1163-1180, September.
- Lee Branstetter & Yoshiaki Nakamura, 2003. "Is Japan's Innovative Capacity in Decline?," NBER Working Papers 9438, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kazuyuki Motohashi, 2003.
"Firm level analysis of information network use and productivity in Japan,"
03021, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Motohashi, Kazuyuki, 2007. "Firm-level analysis of information network use and productivity in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 121-137, March.
- Kazuyuki Motohashi, 2004. "Firm level analysis of information network use and productivity in Japan," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d03-14, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Bozeman, Barry, 2000. "Technology transfer and public policy: a review of research and theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 627-655, April.
- Zvi Griliches & Jerry A. Hausman, 1984.
"Errors in Variables in Panel Data,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0037, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosenberg, Nathan & Nelson, Richard R., 1994. "American universities and technical advance in industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 323-348, May.
- Kneller, Robert, 2003. "Autarkic drug discovery in Japanese pharmaceutical companies: insights into national differences in industrial innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1805-1827, December.
- Hemmert, Martin & Okamuro, Hiroyuki & Bstieler, Ludwig, 2008. "An Inquiry into the Status and Nature of University-Industry Research Collaborations in Japan and Korea," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 49(2), pages 163-180, December.
- Jarunee Wonglimpiyarat, 2010. "Commercialization strategies of technology: lessons from Silicon Valley," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 225-236, April.
- Junichi Nishimura & Hiroyuki Okamuro, 2011.
"R&D productivity and the organization of cluster policy: an empirical evaluation of the Industrial Cluster Project in Japan,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 117-144, April.
- Junichi Nishimura & Hiroyuki Okamuro, 2010. "R&D Productivity and the Organization of Cluster Policy: An Empirical Evaluation of the Industrial Cluster Project in Japan," DRUID Working Papers 10-06, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Okamuro, Hiroyuki & Nishimura, Junichi, 2011.
"Impact of University Intellectual Property Policy on the Performance of University-Industry Research Collaboration,"
CEI Working Paper Series
2011-1, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hiroyuki Okamuro & Junichi Nishimura, 2013. "Impact of university intellectual property policy on the performance of university-industry research collaboration," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 273-301, June.
- Hiroyuki Okamuro & Junichi Nishimura, 2011. "Impact of University Intellectual Property Policy on the Performance of University-Industry Research Collaboration," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd11-189, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Lai, Wen-Hsiang, 2011. "Willingness-to-engage in technology transfer in industry–university collaborations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(11), pages 1218-1223.
- Djordje Djokovic & Vangelis Souitaris, 2008. "Spinouts from academic institutions: a literature review with suggestions for further research," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 225-247, June.
- Nishimura, Junichi & Okamuro, Hiroyuki, 2013. "Knowledge and rent spillovers through government-sponsored R&D consortia," Working Paper Series 24, Center for Interfirm Network, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Nobuaki Hamaguchi & Yoshihiro Kameyama, 2008. "R&D Partnerships and Capability of Innovation of Small and Medium-Sized Firms in Zhongguancun, Beijing: The Power of Proximity," Discussion Paper Series 225, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Hiroatsu Nohara, 2006. "Réformes de la recherche publique au Japon : rénovation en cours," Post-Print halshs-00391136, HAL.
- Nobuya Fukugawa, 2013. "University spillovers into small technology-based firms: channel, mechanism, and geography," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 415-431, August.
- Robert Huggins & Andrew Johnston & Rebecca Steffenson, 2008. "Universities, knowledge networks and regional policy," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(2), pages 321-340.
- Kani, Masayo & Motohashi, Kazuyuki, 2012. "Understanding the technology market for patents: New insights from a licensing survey of Japanese firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 226-235.
- Okamuro, Hiroyuki & Kato, Masatoshi & Honjo, Yuji, 2011. "Determinants of R&D cooperation in Japanese start-ups," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 728-738, June.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky, 2009. "University-industry technology transfer options: licensing or research joint venture?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2582-2591.
- Alexandre Almeida & Cristina Santos & Mário Rui Silva, 2008. "Bridging Science to Economy: The Role of Science and Technologic Parks in Innovation Strategies in “Follower” Regions," FEP Working Papers 302, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Бьянкани С. & Макфарланд Д., 2013. "Значение Социальных Сетей В Высшем Образовании (Пер.С Англ. Н. Микшиной)," Вопросы образования // Educational Studies, НИУ ВШЭ, issue 4, pages 85-126.
- Yang, Chih-Hai & Motohashi, Kazuyuki & Chen, Jong-Rong, 2009. "Are new technology-based firms located on science parks really more innovative?: Evidence from Taiwan," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 77-85, February.
- Hălăngescu, Constantin I., 2012.
"Mundus academicus: arhitectura și adaptarea la fluxurile globalizării (I)
[Mundus academicus: architecture and adaptation to globalization flows (I)]," MPRA Paper 36839, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arif Orcun Sakarya, 2014. "Examination of Innovation Sources and Cooperation Alternatives for Turkish Firms," Eurasian Journal of Business and Management, Eurasian Publications, vol. 2(1), pages 36-45.
- Zhang, Ying & Duysters, Geert, 2010. "Entrepreneurship Development and the Role of Economic Transition in Entrepreneurial Activities in China," MERIT Working Papers 036, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.