The impact of M&A on the R&D process: An empirical analysis of the role of technological- and market-relatedness
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Florian Szücs, 2013. "M&A and R&D: Asymmetric Effects on Acquirers and Targets?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1331, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Frey, Rainer & Hussinger, Katrin, 2006.
"The role of technology in M&As: a firm-level comparison of cross-border and domestic deals,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2006,45, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Frey, Rainer & Hussinger, Katrin, 2006. "The Role of Technology in M&As: A Firm Level Comparison of Cross-Border and Domestic Deals," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-69, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Santangelo, Grazia Domenica, 2012. "The tension of information sharing: Effects on subsidiary embeddedness," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 180-195.
- E. Cefis & A. Sabidussi & E.J.J. Schenk, 2007. "Do mergers of potentially dominant firms foster innovation? An empirical analysis for the manufacturing sector," Working Papers 07-20, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Cefis, Elena & Rosenkranz, Stephanie & Weitzel, Utz, 2005.
"Effects of Acquisitions on Product and Process Innovation and R&D Performance,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5275, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- E. Cefis & S. Rosenkranz & G.U. Weitzel, 2005. "Effects of acquisitions on product and process innovation and R&D performance," Working Papers 05-28, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Stefano Elia & Lucia Piscitello & Sergio Mariotti, 2013. "Industrial Districts, Core Cities And Ownership Strategy Of Multinational Firms Investing In Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa13p27, European Regional Science Association.
- Radu Ciobanu, 2014. "Does the Toehold Influence the Success of an M&A Transaction?," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 4(1), pages 235-239, January.
- Hussinger, Katrin, 2007. "Inventors? Response to Firm Acquisitions," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-078, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Gerben Bakker, 2013.
"Money for nothing: how firms have financed R&D-projects since the Industrial Revolution,"
Economic History Working Papers
54518, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Bakker, Gerben, 2013. "Money for nothing: How firms have financed R&D-projects since the Industrial Revolution," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 1793-1814.
- Mirella Daminai & Fabrizio Pompei, 2008.
"Mergers, acquisitions and technological regimes: the European experience over the period 2002-2005,"
Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica
46/2008, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- Damiani, Mirella & Pompei, Fabrizio, 2008. "Mergers, acquisitions and technological regimes: the European experience over the period 2002- 2005," MPRA Paper 8226, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Van Beers, Cees & Dekker, Ronald, 2009. "Acquisitions, Divestitures and Innovation Performance in the Netherlands," MPRA Paper 13464, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stiebale, Joel & Haucap, Justus, 2013. "How Mergers A ffect Innovation: Theory and Evidence," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79831, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hussinger, Katrin, 2005. "Did Concentration on Core Competencies Drive Merger and Acquisition Activities in the 1990s? Empirical Evidence for Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-41, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Le, Son A. & Park, Jung Chul & Kroll, Mark, 2014. "Differential effects of pre- and post-acquisition R&D expenditures on post-acquisition performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 92-99.
- Stiebale, Joel, 2013. "The impact of cross-border mergers and acquisitions on the acquirers' R&D — Firm-level evidence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 307-321.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Rabbiosi, Larissa, 2014. "Technological similarity, post-acquisition R&D reorganization, and innovation performance in horizontal acquisitions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 1039-1054.
- Joel Stiebale, 2014. "Cross-Border M&As and Innovative Activity of Acquiring and Target Firms," Discussion Papers 2014-06, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Ron Boschma & Matté Hartog, 2013. "Merger and acquisition activity as driver of spatial clustering: the spatial evolution of the Dutch banking industry, 1850-1993," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1315, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Sep 2013.
- Ornaghi, Carmine, 2006. "Mergers and innovation: the case of the pharmaceutical industry," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0605, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.