Comparing innovation systems: a framework and application to China's transitional context
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 30 (2001)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pennings, J.M. & Harianto, F., 1992. "Technological networking and innovation implementation," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-382784, Tilburg University.
- Mansfield, Edwin, 1991. "Academic research and industrial innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Freeman, C., 1991. "Networks of innovators: A synthesis of research issues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 499-514, October.
- Groves, Theodore, et al, 1994. "Autonomy and Incentives in Chinese State Enterprises," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 183-209, February.
- White, Steven & Liu, Xielin, 1998. "Organizational processes to meet new performance criteria: Chinese pharmaceutical firms in transition," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 369-383, August.
- McMillan, John & Naughton, Barry, 1992. "How to Reform a Planned Economy: Lessons from China," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 130-43, Spring.
- Kogut, Bruce & Walker, Gordon & Kim, Dong-Jae, 1995. "Cooperation and entry induction as an extension of technological rivalry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 77-95, January.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1991. "What makes basic research economically useful?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 109-119, April.
- Rawski, Thomas G, 1994. "Chinese Industrial Reform: Accomplishments, Prospects, and Implications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 271-75, May.
- Hong, Wei, 2008. "Decline of the center: The decentralizing process of knowledge transfer of Chinese universities from 1985 to 2004," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 580-595, May.
- Kubeczko, Klaus & Rametsteiner, Ewald & Weiss, Gerhard, 2006. "The role of sectoral and regional innovation systems in supporting innovations in forestry," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(7), pages 704-715, October.
- Jonkers, Koen, 2011. "A functionalist framework to compare research systems applied to an analysis of the transformation of the Chinese research system," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1295-1306.
- Markard, Jochen & Truffer, Bernhard, 2008. "Technological innovation systems and the multi-level perspective: Towards an integrated framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 596-615, May.
- Qazi, Ahmar Qasim & Zhao, Yulin, 2013. "Indigenous R&D Effectiveness and Technology Transfer on Productivity Growth: Evidence from the Hi-Tech Industry of China," MPRA Paper 46589, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mu, Qing & Lee, Keun, 2005. "Knowledge diffusion, market segmentation and technological catch-up: The case of the telecommunication industry in China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 759-783, August.
- Blandine Laperche, 2007. "industrial property rights and innovation in China droits de propriete industrielle et innovation en Chine," Working Papers 140, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Bergek, Anna & Jacobsson, Staffan & Carlsson, Bo & Lindmark, Sven & Rickne, Annika, 2008. "Analyzing the functional dynamics of technological innovation systems: A scheme of analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 407-429, April.
- Li, Xibao, 2011. "Sources of External Technology, Absorptive Capacity, and Innovation Capability in Chinese State-Owned High-Tech Enterprises," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1240-1248, July.
- Khan, Haider, 2013. "Industrialization and Development Strategies in the 21st Century: Towards Sustainable Innovation Systems," MPRA Paper 50168, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ner:maastr:urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-31225 is not listed on IDEAS
- White, Steven & Gao, Jian & Zhang, Wei, 2005. "Financing new ventures in China: System antecedents and institutionalization," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 894-913, August.
- Simona O. Negro & Veronique Vasseur & Wilfried van Sark & Marko Hekkert, 2009. "Understanding innovation system build up: The rise and fall of the Dutch PV Innovation System," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 09-04, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Mar 2009.
- Marko P. Hekkert & Simona O. Negro, 2008. "Functions of innovation systems as a framework to understand sustainable technological change: empirical evidence for earlier claims," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 08-10, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Apr 2008.
- Guan, Jiancheng & Chen, Zifeng, 2009. "The technological system of Chinese manufacturing industry: A sectorial approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 767-776, December.
- Jan Fagerberg & Martin Srholec, 2007.
"National innovation systems, capabilities and economic development,"
Working Papers on Innovation Studies
20071024, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin, 2008. "National innovation systems, capabilities and economic development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1417-1435, October.
- Arvanitis, Rigas & Zhao, Wei & Qiu, Haixiong & Xu, Jian-niu, 2006. "Technological learning in six firms in Southern China: success and limits of an industrialisation model," MPRA Paper 18553, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Wang, Yuandi & Zhou, Zhao, 2013. "The dual role of local sites in assisting firms with developing technological capabilities: Evidence from China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 63-76.
- Dantas, Eva & Bell, Martin, 2011. "The Co-Evolution of Firm-Centered Knowledge Networks and Capabilities in Late Industrializing Countries: The Case of Petrobras in the Offshore Oil Innovation System in Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1570-1591, September.
- Choi, Suk Bong & Lee, Soo Hee & Williams, Christopher, 2011. "Ownership and firm innovation in a transition economy: Evidence from China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 441-452, April.
- Dantas, Eva & Bell, Martin, 2009. "Latecomer firms and the emergence and development of knowledge networks: The case of Petrobras in Brazil," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 829-844, June.
- He, Xiyou & Mu, Qing, 2012. "How Chinese firms learn technology from transnational corporations: A comparison of the telecommunication and automobile industries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 270-287.
- GUAN, Jian Cheng & YAM, Richard C.M. & Tang, Esther P.Y. & Lau, Antonio K.W., 2009. "Innovation strategy and performance during economic transition: Evidences in Beijing, China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 802-812, June.
- Hong, Wei & Su, Yu-Sung, 2013. "The effect of institutional proximity in non-local university–industry collaborations: An analysis based on Chinese patent data," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 454-464.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.