Complexity and the functions of the firm: breadth and depth
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 29 (2000)
Issue (Month): 7-8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gambardella, Alfonso & Torrisi, Salvatore, 1998. "Does technological convergence imply convergence in markets? Evidence from the electronics industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 445-463, September.
- Hobday, Mike, 1998. "Product complexity, innovation and industrial organisation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 689-710, February.
- Fisher, Franklin M & Temin, Peter, 1973.
"Returns to Scale in Research and Development: What Does the Schumpeterian Hypothesis Imply ?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(1), pages 56-70, Jan.-Feb..
- F. M. Fisher & P. Temin, 1971. "Returns-to-Scale in Research and Development: What Does the Schupeterian Hypothesis Imply?," Working papers 74, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Carmichael, H Lorne & MacLeod, W Bentley, 1993.
"Multiskilling, Technical Change and the Japanese Firm,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(416), pages 142-60, January.
- Carmichael, H.L. & Macleod, W.B., 1991. "Multiskilling, Technical Change And The Japanese Firm," Cahiers de recherche 9112, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Carmichael, H.L. & Macleod, W.B., 1991. "Multiskilling, Technical Change and the Japanese Firm," Cahiers de recherche 9112, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Granstrand, Ove & Sjolander, Soren, 1990. "Managing innovation in multi-technology corporations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 35-60, February.
- Howell, David R. & Wolff, Edward N., 1990.
"Technical Change And The Demand For Skills By U.S. Industries,"
90-41, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Howell, David R & Wolff, Edward N, 1992. "Technical Change and the Demand for Skills by U.S. Industries," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 127-46, June.
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1963. "Technological Change in the Machine Tool Industry, 1840–1910," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(04), pages 414-443, December.
- Fariborz Damanpour, 1996. "Organizational Complexity and Innovation: Developing and Testing Multiple Contingency Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(5), pages 693-716, May.
- Powell, Christopher, 1996. "Divide and Rule? Division of Labour and the Position of Designers in the UK Construction Industry," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 863-82.
- Iansiti, Marco & Khanna, Tarun, 1995. "Technological Evolution, System Architecture and the Obsolescence of Firm Capabilities," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 333-61.
- Fai, Felicia & von Tunzelmann, Nicholas, 2001. "Industry-specific competencies and converging technological systems: evidence from patents," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 141-170, July.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Valérie Mérindol & Sylvie Rochhia, 2011.
"Changes in the French defence innovation system: New roles and capabilities for the Government Agency for Defence,"
- Nathalie Lazaric & Valerie Merindol & Sylvie Rochhia, 2011. "Changes in the French Defence Innovation System: New Roles and Capabilities for the Government Agency for Defence," Industry & Innovation, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 509-530.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Valérie Mérindol & Sylvie Rochhia, 2011. "Changes in the French defence innovation system: New roles and capabilities for the Government Agency for Defence," Post-Print hal-00599727, HAL.
- Cristiano Antonelli, 2003.
"Knowledge Complementarity and Fungeability: Implications for Regional Strategy,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 595-606.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2003. "Knowledge Complementarity and Fungeability: Implications for Regional Strategy," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200302, University of Turin.
- Stefano Brusoni & Paola Criscuolo & Aldo Geuna, 2003.
"The Knowledge Bases of the World's Largest Pharmaceuticals Groups: what do Patent Citations to Non-Patent Literature Reveal?,"
SPRU Working Paper Series
90, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Stefano Brusoni & Paola Criscuolo & Aldo Geuna, 2005. "The knowledge bases of the world's largest pharmaceutical groups: what do patent citations to non-patent literature reveal?," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 14(5), pages 395-415.
- Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria & Geuna, Aldo & Rossi, Federica, 2013. "Finding the right partners: Institutional and personal modes of governance of university–industry interactions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 50-62.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2003. "The Governance of Technological Knowledge: Strategies, Processes and Public Policies," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200306, University of Turin.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Calderini, Mario, 2004. "Knowledge Complexity and the Evolution of the Automotive Industry in Europe," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200406, University of Turin.
- Castellacci, Fulvio & Grodal, Stine & Mendonca, Sandro & Wibe, Mona, 2005. "Advances and challenges in innovation studies," MPRA Paper 27519, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ozman,Müge, 2003. "Self-Organizing Inter-Firm Networks," Research Memoranda 022, Maastricht : MERIT, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology.
- Kirsten Foss & Nicolai J. Foss, 2003. "Authority in the Context of Distributed Knowledge," DRUID Working Papers 03-08, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00424512 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.