Depletion of natural resources, technological uncertainty, and the adoption of technological substitutes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Resource and Energy Economics.
Volume (Year): 27 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Farzin, Y. H. & Huisman, K. J. M. & Kort, P. M., 1998.
"Optimal timing of technology adoption,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 779-799, May.
- Farzin, Y.H. & Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 1996. "Optimal Timing of Technology Adoption," Discussion Paper 1996-72, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Farzin, Y.H. & Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 1998. "Optimal timing of technology adoption," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-74049, Tilburg University.
- Kamien, Morton I & Schwartz, Nancy L, 1978. "Optimal Exhaustible Resource Depletion with Endogenous Technical Change," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 179-96, February.
- Brown, Gardner & Layton, David F., 1996. "Resistance economics: social cost and the evolution of antibiotic resistance," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 349-355, July.
- Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Brown, Gardner, 2000.
"Economics of Antibiotic Resistance: A Theory of Optimal Use,"
dp-00-36, Resources For the Future.
- Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Brown, Gardner M., 2001. "Economics of Antibiotic Resistance: A Theory of Optimal Use," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 183-206, September.
- Balcer, Yves & Lippman, Steven A., 1984. "Technological expectations and adoption of improved technology," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 292-318, December.
- Léonard,Daniel & Long,Ngo van, 1992.
"Optimal Control Theory and Static Optimization in Economics,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521337465.
- Léonard,Daniel & Long,Ngo van, 1992. "Optimal Control Theory and Static Optimization in Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521331586.
- Smith, Vernon L., .
"An Optimistic Theory of Exhaustible Resources,"
39, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Long, Ngo Van, 1975. "Resource extraction under the uncertainty about possible nationalization," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 42-53, February.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1973. "The Allocation of Energy Resources," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 529-576.
- Tsur, Yacov & Zemel, Amos, 2003. "Optimal transition to backstop substitutes for nonrenewable resources," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 551-572, February.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Stiglitz, Joseph, 1981. "Resource Depletion under Technological Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 85-104, January.
- LAFFORGUE Gilles, 2006. "On the Effects of Stochastic Technical Change on Optimal Sustainable Growth Paths with Exhaustible Resource," LERNA Working Papers 06.02.195, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Jouvet, Pierre-André & Schumacher, Ingmar, 2012.
"Learning-by-doing and the costs of a backstop for energy transition and sustainability,"
Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 122-132.
- Pierre-André Jouvet & Ingmar Schumacher, 2011. "Learning-by-doing and the Costs of a Backstop for Energy Transition and Sustainability," Working Papers hal-00637960, HAL.
- Eric Fesselmeyer & Marc Santugini, 2011.
"Strategic Exploitation of a Common Resource under Environmental Risk,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Fesselmeyer, Eric & Santugini, Marc, 2013. "Strategic exploitation of a common resource under environmental risk," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 125-136.
- Eric Fesselmeyer & Marc Santugini, 2009. "Strategic Exploitation of a Common Resource under Environmental Risk," Cahiers de recherche 09-08, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée, revised Feb 2012.
- Timo Goeschl & Grischa Perino, 2007.
"On Backstops and Boomerangs: Environmental R&D under Technological Uncertainty,"
0437, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2007.
- Goeschl, Timo & Perino, Grischa, 2009. "On backstops and boomerangs: Environmental R&D under technological uncertainty," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 800-809, September.
- Lafforgue, Gilles, 2008. "Stochastic technical change, non-renewable resource and optimal sustainable growth," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 540-554, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.