Depletion of natural resources, technological uncertainty, and the adoption of technological substitutes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Resource and Energy Economics.
Volume (Year): 27 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tsur, Yacov & Zemel, Amos, 2003. "Optimal transition to backstop substitutes for nonrenewable resources," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 551-572, February.
- Farzin, Y. H. & Huisman, K. J. M. & Kort, P. M., 1998.
"Optimal timing of technology adoption,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 779-799, May.
- Farzin, Y.H. & Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 1998. "Optimal timing of technology adoption," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-74049, Tilburg University.
- Farzin, Y.H. & Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 1996. "Optimal Timing of Technology Adoption," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 1996-72, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Brown, Gardner M., 2001.
"Economics of Antibiotic Resistance: A Theory of Optimal Use,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 183-206, September.
- Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Brown, Gardner, 2000. "Economics of Antibiotic Resistance: A Theory of Optimal Use," Discussion Papers, Resources For the Future dp-00-36, Resources For the Future.
- Léonard,Daniel & Long,Ngo van, 1992.
"Optimal Control Theory and Static Optimization in Economics,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521331586, 9.
- Léonard,Daniel & Long,Ngo van, 1992. "Optimal Control Theory and Static Optimization in Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521337465, 9.
- Brown, Gardner & Layton, David F., 1996. "Resistance economics: social cost and the evolution of antibiotic resistance," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 349-355, July.
- Long, Ngo Van, 1975. "Resource extraction under the uncertainty about possible nationalization," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 42-53, February.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Stiglitz, Joseph, 1981. "Resource Depletion under Technological Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 85-104, January.
- Balcer, Yves & Lippman, Steven A., 1984. "Technological expectations and adoption of improved technology," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 292-318, December.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1973. "The Allocation of Energy Resources," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 529-576.
- Smith, Vernon L., 1974.
"An optimistic theory of exhaustible resources,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 384-396, December.
- Smith, Vernon L., . "An Optimistic Theory of Exhaustible Resources," Working Papers, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences 39, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Kamien, Morton I & Schwartz, Nancy L, 1978. "Optimal Exhaustible Resource Depletion with Endogenous Technical Change," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 179-96, February.
- FÃ¤rnstrand Damsgaard, Erika, 2012. "Exhaustible resources, technology choice and industrialization of developing countries," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 271-294.
- Pierre-André Jouvet & Ingmar Schumacher, 2011.
"Learning-by-doing and the Costs of a Backstop for Energy Transition and Sustainability,"
- Jouvet, Pierre-André & Schumacher, Ingmar, 2012. "Learning-by-doing and the costs of a backstop for energy transition and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 122-132.
- Lafforgue, Gilles, 2008. "Stochastic technical change, non-renewable resource and optimal sustainable growth," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 540-554, December.
- Eric Fesselmeyer & Marc Santugini, 2009.
"Strategic Exploitation of a Common Resource under Environmental Risk,"
Cahiers de recherche
09-08, HEC MontrÃ©al, Institut d'Ã©conomie appliquÃ©e, revised Feb 2012.
- Fesselmeyer, Eric & Santugini, Marc, 2013. "Strategic exploitation of a common resource under environmental risk," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 125-136.
- Eric Fesselmeyer & Marc Santugini, 2011. "Strategic Exploitation of a Common Resource under Environmental Risk," Cahiers de recherche 1131, CIRPEE.
- Goeschl, Timo & Perino, Grischa, 2009.
"On backstops and boomerangs: Environmental R&D under technological uncertainty,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 800-809, September.
- Timo Goeschl & Grischa Perino, 2007. "On Backstops and Boomerangs: Environmental R&D under Technological Uncertainty," Working Papers 0437, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2007.
- LAFFORGUE Gilles, 2006. "On the Effects of Stochastic Technical Change on Optimal Sustainable Growth Paths with Exhaustible Resource," LERNA Working Papers, LERNA, University of Toulouse 06.02.195, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.