Capacity utilization measures and excess capacity in multi-product privatized fisheries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Resource and Energy Economics.
Volume (Year): 24 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ags:mareec:28302 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morrison, Catherine J, 1985. "Primal and Dual Capacity Utilization: An Application to Productivity Measurement in the U.S. Automobile Industry," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(4), pages 312-24, October.
- Nelson, Randy A, 1989. "On the Measurement of Capacity Utilization," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 273-86, March.
- Catherine J. Morrison Paul & Warren E. Johnston & Gerald A. G. Frengley, 2000. "Efficiency in New Zealand Sheep and Beef Farming: The Impacts of Regulatory Reform," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 325-337, May.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1978. "Cost, Revenue, and Profit Functions," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters, in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 1, chapter 1 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Segerson, Kathleen & Squires, Dale, 1990. "On the measurement of economic capacity utilization for multi-product industries," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 347-361, June.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Dale Squires & James E. Kirkley, 1996. "Private Property Rights And Crises In World Fisheries: Turning The Tide?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(4), pages 90-99, October.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Melvyn A. Fuss, 1989. "Economic Capacity Utilization and Productivity Measurement for Multi-product firms with multiple quasi-fixed inputs," NBER Working Papers 2932, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence R. Klein & Virginia Long, 1973. "Capacity Utilization: Concept, Measurement, and Recent Estimates," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 743-764.
- repec:ags:mareec:6227 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. Quentin Grafton & Ragnar Arnason & Trond Bjorndal & David Campbell & Harry F. Campbell & Colin W. Clark & Robin Connor & Diane P. Dupont & Rognvaldur Hannesson & Ray Hilborn & James E. Kirkley & To, 2005. "Incentive-based approaches to sustainable fisheries (now replaced by EEN0508)," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0501, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Weninger, Quinn & Waters, James R., 2003.
"Economic benefits of management reform in the northern Gulf of Mexico reef fish fishery,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 207-230, September.
- Weninger, Quinn & Waters, James R., 2003. "Economic Benefits of Management Reform in the Northern Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Fishery," Staff General Research Papers 10828, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- MANAGI Shunsuke, 2009. "Capacity Output and Possibility of Cost Reduction: Fishery management in Japan," Discussion papers 09040, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- repec:ags:mareec:28145 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quinn Weninger, 2008.
"Economic Benefits of Management Reform in the Gulf of Mexico Grouper Fishery: A Semi-parametric Analysis,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(4), pages 479-497, December.
- Weninger, Quinn, 2004. "Economic Benefits of Management Reform in the Gulf of Mexico Grouper Fishery: A Semi-Parametric Analysis," Staff General Research Papers 11178, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:ags:mareec:6229 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Kirkley & Catherine Morrison Paul & Dale Squires, 2002. "Capacity and Capacity Utilization in Common-pool Resource Industries," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 71-97, June.
- Pascoe, Sean & Hutton, Trevor & van Putten, Ingrid & Dennis, Darren & Skewes, Tim & Plagányi, Éva & Deng, Roy, 2013. "DEA-based predictors for estimating fleet size changes when modelling the introduction of rights-based management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(3), pages 681-687.
- Rudd, Murray A., 2004. "An institutional framework for designing and monitoring ecosystem-based fisheries management policy experiments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 109-124, January.
- Morrison Paul, Catherine J. & Felthoven, Ronald G. & de O. Torres, Marcelo, 2010. "Productive performance in fisheries: modeling, measurement, and management," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(3), September.
- Pascoe, Sean & Tingley, Diana, 2006. "Economic capacity estimation in fisheries: A non-parametric ray approach," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 124-138, May.
- Squires, Dale & Jeon, Yongil & Grafton, R. Quentin & Kirkley, James, 2010. "Controlling excess capacity in common-pool resource industries: the transition from input to output controls," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(3), September.
- repec:ags:mareec:28256 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.