Capacity utilization measures and excess capacity in multi-product privatized fisheries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Resource and Energy Economics.
Volume (Year): 24 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Quentin Grafton & Dale Squires & James E. Kirkley, 1996. "Private Property Rights And Crises In World Fisheries: Turning The Tide?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(4), pages 90-99, October.
- Catherine J. Morrison Paul & Warren E. Johnston & Gerald A. G. Frengley, 2000. "Efficiency in New Zealand Sheep and Beef Farming: The Impacts of Regulatory Reform," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 325-337, May.
- Dupont, Diane P. & Grafton, R. Quentin, 2000. "Multi-Species Individual Transferable Quotas: The Scotia-Fundy Mobile Gear Groundfishery," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 15(3).
- Segerson, Kathleen & Squires, Dale, 1990. "On the measurement of economic capacity utilization for multi-product industries," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 347-361, June.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Lawrence R. Klein & Virginia Long, 1973. "Capacity Utilization: Concept, Measurement, and Recent Estimates," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 743-764.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1978. "Cost, Revenue, and Profit Functions," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters, in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 1, chapter 1 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Melvyn A. Fuss, 1989. "Economic Capacity Utilization and Productivity Measurement for Multi-product firms with multiple quasi-fixed inputs," NBER Working Papers 2932, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nelson, Randy A, 1989. "On the Measurement of Capacity Utilization," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 273-86, March.
- Morrison, Catherine J, 1985. "Primal and Dual Capacity Utilization: An Application to Productivity Measurement in the U.S. Automobile Industry," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(4), pages 312-24, October.
- Kirkley, James E. & Morrison Paul, Catherine J. & Squires, Dale, 2004. "Deterministic and Stochastic Capacity Estimation for Fishery Capacity Reduction," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 19(3).
- James Kirkley & Catherine Morrison Paul & Dale Squires, 2002. "Capacity and Capacity Utilization in Common-pool Resource Industries," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 71-97, June.
- Quinn Weninger, 2008.
"Economic Benefits of Management Reform in the Gulf of Mexico Grouper Fishery: A Semi-parametric Analysis,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(4), pages 479-497, December.
- Weninger, Quinn, 2004. "Economic Benefits of Management Reform in the Gulf of Mexico Grouper Fishery: A Semi-Parametric Analysis," Staff General Research Papers 11178, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Weninger, Quinn & Waters, James R., 2003.
"Economic Benefits of Management Reform in the Northern Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Fishery,"
Staff General Research Papers
10828, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Weninger, Quinn & Waters, James R., 2003. "Economic benefits of management reform in the northern Gulf of Mexico reef fish fishery," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 207-230, September.
- Pascoe, Sean, 2007. "Capacity Analysis and Fisheries Policy: Theory versus Practice," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 22(1).
- R. Quentin Grafton & Ragnar Arnason & Trond Bjorndal & David Campbell & Harry F. Campbell & Colin W. Clark & Robin Connor & Diane P. Dupont & Rognvaldur Hannesson & Ray Hilborn & James E. Kirkley & To, 2005. "Incentive-based approaches to sustainable fisheries (now replaced by EEN0508)," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0501, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Tingley, Diana & Pascoe, Sean, 2005. "Eliminating Excess Capacity: Implications for the Scottish Fishing Industry," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 20(4).
- MANAGI Shunsuke, 2009. "Capacity Output and Possibility of Cost Reduction: Fishery management in Japan," Discussion papers 09040, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Asche, Frank, 2007. "Capacity Measurement in Fisheries: What Can we Learn?," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 22(1).
- Pascoe, Sean & Tingley, Diana, 2006. "Economic capacity estimation in fisheries: A non-parametric ray approach," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 124-138, May.
- Rudd, Murray A., 2004. "An institutional framework for designing and monitoring ecosystem-based fisheries management policy experiments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 109-124, January.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.