Small hydropower stations in Greece: The local people's attitudes in a mountainous prefecture
AbstractDuring the last years, it has become evident that operation of hydropower stations creates discussions and different views on the local communities. Especially, although the issue of operation of small hydropower (SHP) stations or plants is of considerable interest in Greece, almost no study has been conducted to investigate the current status of Greek citizens' attitudes towards utilization of the available hydropower potential through SHP. The present study, therefore, aims to examine in the prefecture of Ioannina, Greece, the local people's attitudes on operation of SHP stations in connection with the increased public interest for environmental and social dimensions of small hydropower stations, and to determine how these attitudes change with respect to various factors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
Volume (Year): 14 (2010)
Issue (Month): 9 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arabatzis, Garyfallos & Malesios, Chrisovalantis, 2013. "Pro-environmental attitudes of users and non-users of fuelwood in a rural area of Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 621-630.
- Ghadimi, A.A. & Razavi, F. & Mohammadian, B., 2011. "Determining optimum location and capacity for micro hydropower plants in Lorestan province in Iran," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 4125-4131.
- Arabatzis, Garyfallos & Myronidis, Dimitris, 2011. "Contribution of SHP Stations to the development of an area and their social acceptance," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3909-3917.
- Zafeiriou, Eleni & Arabatzis, Garyfallos & Koutroumanidis, Theodoros, 2011. "The fuelwood market in Greece: An empirical approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 3008-3018, August.
- Kambezidis, Harry D. & Kasselouri, Barbara & Konidari, Popi, 2011. "Evaluating policy options for increasing the RES-E penetration in Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5388-5398, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.