A review on global wind energy policy
AbstractWith the increasing negative effects of fossil fuel combustion on the environment in addition to limited stock of fossil fuel have forced many countries to inquire into and change to environmentally friendly alternatives that are renewable to sustain the increasing energy demand. Energy policy plays a vital role to mitigate the impacts of global warming and crisis of energy availability. This paper explores the wind energy industry from the point of view of the wind energy policy. It is noticed that energy policy could help increasing wind power generation as well as stimulating the energy industry. It may be stated that without specific energy policy, a country would not be able to solve the acute problems like reducing greenhouse gases (GHGs) emission, scarcity of energy, etc. This paper discussed the existing successful energy policies for few selected countries. Based on literatures, it has been found that FIT, RPS, incentives, pricing law and Quota system are the most useful energy policies practiced by many countries around the world. Then, status of wind energy policy for Malaysia was investigated and compared with few selected countries around the world.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
Volume (Year): 14 (2010)
Issue (Month): 7 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dincer, Furkan, 2011. "The analysis on wind energy electricity generation status, potential and policies in the world," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 5135-5142.
- Mohd Zin, Abdullah Asuhaimi B. & Pesaran H.A., Mahmoud & Khairuddin, Azhar B. & Jahanshaloo, Leila & Shariati, Omid, 2013. "An overview on doubly fed induction generators′ controls and contributions to wind based electricity generation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 692-708.
- Martins, Ana Cravinho & Marques, Rui Cunha & Cruz, Carlos Oliveira, 2011. "Public-private partnerships for wind power generation: The Portuguese case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 94-104, January.
- Lee, Shun-Chung & Shih, Li-Hsing, 2011. "Enhancing renewable and sustainable energy development based on an options-based policy evaluation framework: Case study of wind energy technology in Taiwan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 2185-2198, June.
- Pirasteh, G. & Saidur, R. & Rahman, S.M.A. & Rahim, N.A., 2014. "A review on development of solar drying applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 133-148.
- Abdullah, M.A. & Yatim, A.H.M. & Tan, C.W. & Saidur, R., 2012. "A review of maximum power point tracking algorithms for wind energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 3220-3227.
- Fatih Karpat, 2013. "A Virtual Tool for Minimum Cost Design of a Wind Turbine Tower with Ring Stiffeners," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(8), pages 3822-3840, July.
- Lee, Shun-Chung, 2011. "Using real option analysis for highly uncertain technology investments: The case of wind energy technology," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4443-4450.
- Hossain, M.S. & Saidur, R. & Fayaz, H. & Rahim, N.A. & Islam, M.R. & Ahamed, J.U. & Rahman, M.M., 2011. "Review on solar water heater collector and thermal energy performance of circulating pipe," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3801-3812.
- Mani, Swaminathan & Dhingra, Tarun, 2013. "Offshore wind energy policy for India—Key factors to be considered," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 672-683.
- Zafirakis, Dimitrios & Chalvatzis, Konstantinos J. & Baiocchi, Giovanni & Daskalakis, George, 2013. "Modeling of financial incentives for investments in energy storage systems that promote the large-scale integration of wind energy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 138-154.
- Doherty, Ronan & O'Malley, Mark, 2011. "The efficiency of Ireland's Renewable Energy Feed-In Tariff (REFIT) for wind generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4911-4919, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.