Commodity taxation in a 'linear' world: a spatial panel data approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Regional Science and Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2005)
Issue (Month): 5 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeremy Edwards & Michael Keen, 1994.
"Tax competition and Leviathon,"
IFS Working Papers
W94/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Masayoshi Hayashi & Robin Boadway, 2001. "An empirical analysis of intergovernmental tax interaction: the case of business income taxes in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 481-503, May.
- Trandel, Gregory A., 1994. "Interstate commodity tax differentials and the distribution of residents," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 435-457, March.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Assaf Razin & Linda L. Tesar, 1995.
"Effective Tax Rates in Macroeconomics: Cross-Country Estimates of Tax Rates on Factor Incomes and Consumption,"
NBER Working Papers
4864, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Razin, Assaf & Tesar, Linda L., 1994. "Effective tax rates in macroeconomics: Cross-country estimates of tax rates on factor incomes and consumption," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 297-323, December.
- H. Kelejian, Harry & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2001. "On the asymptotic distribution of the Moran I test statistic with applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 219-257, September.
- Summers, Robert & Heston, Alan, 1991. "The Penn World Table (Mark 5): An Expanded Set of International Comparisons, 1950-1988," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 106(2), pages 327-68, May.
- Lockwood, Ben, 1992.
"Commodity Tax Competition Under Destination and Origin Principles,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
733, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lockwood, Ben, 1993. "Commodity tax competition under destination and origin principles," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 141-162, September.
- Rodney D. Ludema & Ian Wooton, 1998.
"Economic Geography and the Fiscal Effects of Regional Integration,"
- Ludema, Rodney D. & Wooton, Ian, 2000. "Economic geography and the fiscal effects of regional integration," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 331-357, December.
- Ludema, Rodney D & Wooton, Ian, 1998. "Economic Geography and the Fiscal Effects of Regional Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 1822, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rodney D. Ludema & Ian Wooton, 1998. "Economic Geography and the Fiscal Effects of Regional Integration," Working Papers 9809, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Zodrow, George R. & Mieszkowski, Peter, 1986. "Pigou, Tiebout, property taxation, and the underprovision of local public goods," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 356-370, May.
- Ravi Kanbur & Michael Keen, 1991.
"Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination when Countries Differ in Size,"
819, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Keen, Michael, 1993. "Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination When Countries Differ in Size," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 877-92, September.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, November.
- Borcherding, Thomas E., 1985. "The causes of government expenditure growth: A survey of the U.S. evidence," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 359-382, December.
- Ohsawa, Yoshiaki, 2003. "A spatial tax harmonization model," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 443-459, June.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1999. "Theories of Tax Competition," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 2), pages 269-304, June Cita.
- Ohsawa, Yoshiaki, 1999. "Cross-border shopping and commodity tax competition among governments," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 33-51, January.
- Ferris, J. Stephen, 2000. "The Determinants of Cross Border Shopping: Implications for Tax Revenues and Institutional Change," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 4), pages 801-24, December .
- Robert S. Chirinko & Daniel J. Wilson, 2011.
"Tax Competition Among U.S. States: Racing to the Bottom or Riding on a Seesaw?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3535, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bob Chirinko & Daniel J. Wilson, 2007. "Tax competition among U.S. states: racing to the bottom or riding on a seesaw?," Working Paper Series 2008-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Becker, Sascha & Egger, Peter H & Merlo, Valeria, 2008.
"How Low Business Tax Rates Attract Multinational Headquarters: Municipality-Level Evidence from Germany,"
Stirling Economics Discussion Papers
2008-30, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Sascha O. Becker & Peter Egger & Valeria Merlo, 2009. "How Low Business Tax Rates Attract Multinational Headquarters: Municipality-Level Evidence from Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 2517, CESifo Group Munich.
- Norman Gemmel & Richard Kneller & Danny McGowan & Ismael Sanz, 2013. "Corporate Taxation and Productivity Catch-Up: Evidence from European Firms," Working Papers 13001, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Jacobs, J.P.A.M. & Ligthart, J.E. & Vrijburg, H., 2007.
"Consumption Tax Competition Among Governments: Evidence from the United States,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-321895, Tilburg University.
- Jan Jacobs & Jenny Ligthart & Hendrik Vrijburg, 2010. "Consumption tax competition among governments: Evidence from the United States," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 271-294, June.
- Vrijburg, H. & Jacobs, J.P.A.M. & Ligthart, J.E., 2007. "Consumption tax competition among governments: Evidence from the United States," Research Report 07008, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Norman Gemmell & Richard Kneller & Danny McGowan & Ismael Sanz, . "Corporate Taxation and Productivity Catch-Up: Evidence from 11 European Countries," Discussion Papers 12/06, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Anselin, Luc, 2007. "Spatial econometrics in RSUE: Retrospect and prospect," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 450-456, July.
- MORICONI, Simone & PICARD , Pierre M. & ZANAJ, Skerdilajda, 2012.
"Commodity taxation and regulatory competition,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2012057, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Xin Liu & Paul Madden, 2007. "Bigger Countries with Probably Lower Commodity Taxes," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0711, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Brian C. Hill, 2008. "Agglomerations and Strategic Tax Competition," Public Finance Review, , vol. 36(6), pages 651-677, November.
- Lockwood, Ben & Migali, Giuseppe, 2008.
"Did the Single Market Cause Competition in Excise Taxes? Evidence from EU Countries,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
847, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ben Lockwood & Giuseppe Migali, 2009. "Did The Single Market Cause Competition in Excise Taxes? Evidence From EU Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(536), pages 406-429, 03.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.