Contracting with costly tenants
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Regional Science and Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 25 (1995)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bengt Holmstrom & Roger B. Myerson, 1981.
"Efficient and Durable Decision Rules with Incomplete Information,"
495, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Myerson, Roger B, 1983. "Efficient and Durable Decision Rules with Incomplete Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1799-819, November.
- John G. Riley, 1976.
UCLA Economics Working Papers
071, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Michael Waldman, 1984.
"Job Assignments, Signalling, and Efficiency,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 255-267, Summer.
- Andrew Caplin & Barry Nalebuff, 1990.
"Aggregation and Imperfect Competition: On the Existence of Equilibrium,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
937, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Caplin, Andrew & Nalebuff, Barry, 1991. "Aggregation and Imperfect Competition: On the Existence of Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 25-59, January.
- Caplin, A. & Nalebuff, B., 1989. "Aggregation And Imperfect Competition: On The Existence Of Equilibrium," Discussion Papers 1989_30, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Allen C. Goodman & Masahiro Kawai, 1985. "Length-of-Residence Discounts and Rental Housing Demand: Theory and Evidence," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(2), pages 93-105.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 630-49, November.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1981.
"The Tenant’s Decreasing Willingness to Pay and the Rent Abatement Phenomen,"
Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics
39248, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1983. "The Tenant's Decreasing Willingness to Pay and the Rent Abatement Phenomenon," Munich Reprints in Economics 3349, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1983. "Incentive Effects of Terminations: Applications to the Credit and Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 912-27, December.
- Guasch, J. Luis & Marshall, Robert C., 1987. "A theoretical and empirical analysis of the length of residency discount in the rental housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 291-311, November.
- Greenwald, Bruce C, 1986. "Adverse Selection in the Labour Market," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 325-47, July.
- Wilson, Charles, 1977. "A model of insurance markets with incomplete information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 167-207, December.
- Spence, Michael, 1974. "Competitive and optimal responses to signals: An analysis of efficiency and distribution," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 296-332, March.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 1990. "Contract types in the property market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 5-22, June.
- Hoffmann, Johannes & Kurz, Claudia, 2002.
"Rent indices for housing in West Germany 1985 to 1998,"
Working Paper Series
0116, European Central Bank.
- Hoffmann, Johannes & Kurz, Claudia, 2002. "Rent indices for housing in West Germany 1985 to 1998," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,01, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Ballesteros, Marife Magno, 2001. "Benefits (and Losses) From Rent Control in the Philippines: An Empirical Study of Metro Manila," Discussion Papers DP 2001-23, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Raquel Arévalo & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2006.
"On the Imputation of Rental Prices to Owner-occupied Housing,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(4), pages 830-861, 06.
- Ruiz-Castillo, Javier & Arévalo, Raquel, 2006. "On the imputation of rental prices to owner-occupied housing," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4743, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Basu, Kaushik & Emerson, Patrick M., 2000.
"The Economics of Tenancy Rent Control,"
00-04, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Raquel Arévalo Tomé & José María Chamorro Rivas, . "Geographic Heterogeneity in Housing. Evidence from Spain," Studies on the Spanish Economy 203, FEDEA.
- Iwata, Shinichiro, 2002. "The Japanese Tenant Protection Law and Asymmetric Information on Tenure Length," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 125-151, June.
- David Genesove, 1999.
"The Nominal Rigidity of Apartment Rents,"
NBER Working Papers
7137, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miceli, Thomas J. & Sirmans, C. F., 1999. "Tenant Turnover, Rental Contracts, and Self-Selection," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 301-311, December.
- Richard Arnott, 1997. "Rent Control," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 391., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Halket & Matteo Pignatti, 2012. "Housing tenure choices with private information," Economics Discussion Papers 717, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Red Larsen, Erling & Sommervoll, Dag Einar, 2009. "The impact on rent from tenant and landlord characteristics and interaction," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 316-322, May.
- Hubert, Franz, 2000. "The economics of housing (volumes I and II): John M. Quigley (editor), Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK; Northampton, MA, USA," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 365-372, May.
- Richard Arnott & Elizaveta Shevyakhova, 2008.
"Tenancy Rent Control And Credible Commitment In Maintenance,"
200812, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2008.
- Richard Arnott & Elizaveta Shevyakhova, 2007. "Tenancy Rent Control and Credible Commitment in Maintenance," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 661, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Timothy K.M. Beatty & Dag Einar Sommervoll, 2008. "Discrimination in Europe. Evidence from the Rental Market," Discussion Papers 547, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Raess, Pascal & von Ungern-Sternberg, Thomas, 2002. "A model of regulation in the rental housing market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 475-500, July.
- Barker, David, 2003. "Length of residence discounts, turnover, and demand elasticity. Should long-term tenants pay less than new tenants?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-11, March.
- repec:phd:rpseri:rps_2002-09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Basu, Kaushik & Emerson, Patrick, 1998. "The economic and law of rent control," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1968, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.