Risk and reward: Currency substitution and acceptance of the Mexican peso by firms in the United States southern frontier
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 47 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Uribe, 1995.
"Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
509, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Uribe, Martin, 1997. "Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 185-202, September.
- Selcuk, Faruk, 2003. "Currency substitution: new evidence from emerging economies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 219-224, February.
- Girton, Lance & Roper, Don E, 1981. "Theory and Implications of Currency Substitution," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 12-30, February.
- Nielsen, Soren Bo, 2002. "Cross-border shopping from small to large countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 309-313, November.
- Thomas M. Fullerton Jr & Roberto Coronado, 2001.
"Restaurant Prices and the Mexican Peso,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 68(1), pages 145-155, July.
- Ohsawa, Yoshiaki, 1999. "Cross-border shopping and commodity tax competition among governments," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 33-51, January.
- Lucas, Vander, 2004.
"Cross-border shopping in a federal economy,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 365-385, July.
- Alami, Tarik H., 2001. "Currency substitution versus dollarization: A portfolio balance model," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 473-479, May.
- Prock, Jerry & Soydemir, Gokce A. & Abugri, Benjamin A., 2003. "Currency substitution: Evidence from Latin America," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 415-430, June.
- Clements, Benedict & Schwartz, Gerd, 1993. "Currency substitution: The recent experience of Bolivia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1883-1893, November.
- Ajay Tandon & Yong Wang, 2003. "Confidence in Domestic Money and Currency Substitution," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(3), pages 407-419, July.
- Sturzenegger, Federico, 1997. "Understanding the welfare implications of currency substitution," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 391-416.
- Oded Shenkar, 2001. "Cultural Distance Revisited: Towards a More Rigorous Conceptualization and Measurement of Cultural Differences," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(3), pages 519-535, September.
- Ferris, J. Stephen, 2000. "The Determinants of Cross Border Shopping: Implications for Tax Revenues and Institutional Change," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 4), pages 801-24, December .
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Molina, Angel L., Jr. & Pisani, Michael J., 2009. "Peso Acceptance Patterns in El Paso," MPRA Paper 17900, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Jun 2009.
- Michael J. Pisani & Thomas M. Fullerton, Jr., 2013. "Microenterprise Peso Acceptance in El Paso, Texas," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 75-94, November.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Walke, Adam G., 2012. "Border zone mass transit demand in Brownsville and Laredo," MPRA Paper 42990, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.