The nonlinear dynamics of stock prices
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 43 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kanas, Angelos, 2001. "Neural Network Linear Forecasts for Stock Returns," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 245-54, July.
- Lux, Thomas, 1995. "Herd Behaviour, Bubbles and Crashes," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(431), pages 881-96, July.
- Gerald P. Dwyer, Jr. & Peter Locke & Wei Yu, 1995.
"Index arbitrage and nonlinear dynamics between the S&P 500 futures and cash,"
95-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Dwyer, Gerald P, Jr & Locke, Peter R & Yu, Wei, 1996. "Index Arbitrage and Nonlinear Dynamics between the S&P 500 Futures and Cash," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 301-32.
- William A. Brock & Blake D. LeBaron, 1995.
"A Dynamic Structural Model for Stock Return Volatility and Trading Volume,"
NBER Working Papers
4988, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brock, William A & LeBaron, Blake D, 1996. "A Dynamic Structural Model for Stock Return Volatility and Trading Volume," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 94-110, February.
- Kohers, Theodor & Pandey, Vivek & Kohers, Gerald, 1997. "Using nonlinear dynamics to test for market efficiency among the major U.S. stock exchanges," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 523-545.
- Simon van Norden & Huntley Schaller & ), 1995.
"Regime Switching in Stock Market Returns,"
- Forbes, Catherine S & Kalb, Guyonne R J & Kofman, Paul, 1999.
"Bayesian Arbitrage Threshold Analysis,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 17(3), pages 364-72, July.
- Forbes, C.S. & Kalb, G.R.J. & Kofman, P., 1997. "Bayesian Arbitrage Threshold Analysis," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 3/97, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
- Pandey, Vivek & Kohers, Theodor & Kohers, Gerald, 1998. "Deterministic Nonlinearity in the Stock Returns of Major European Equity Markets and the United States," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 45-63, February.
- Lehmann, Bruce N, 1990. "Fads, Martingales, and Market Efficiency," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Scheinkman, Jose A & LeBaron, Blake, 1989. "Nonlinear Dynamics and Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(3), pages 311-37, July.
- Qi, Min, 1999. "Nonlinear Predictability of Stock Returns Using Financial and Economic Variables," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(4), pages 419-29, October.
- Bruce N. Lehmann, 1988. "Fads, Martingales, and Market Efficiency," NBER Working Papers 2533, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brock, William A. & Hommes, Cars H., 1998.
"Heterogeneous beliefs and routes to chaos in a simple asset pricing model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1235-1274, August.
- Willey, Thomas, 1992. "Testing for nonlinear dependence in daily stock indices," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 63-76, February.
- Simon M. Potter, 1993.
"A Nonlinear Approach to U.S. GNP,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
693, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-84, March.
- Qian, Xi-Yuan & Song, Fu-Tie & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2008. "Nonlinear behaviour of the Chinese SSEC index with a unit root: Evidence from threshold unit root tests," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(2), pages 503-510.
- Van Heerden, Dorathea & Rodrigues, Jose & Hockly, Dale & Lambert, Bongani & Taljard, Tjaart & Phiri, Andrew, 2013. "Efficient Market Hypothesis in South Africa: Evidence from a threshold autoregressive (TAR) model," MPRA Paper 50544, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liew, Venus Khim-Sen & Qiao, Zhuo & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2008.
"Linearity and stationarity of G7 government bond returns,"
24836, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Sep 2010.
- Venus Khim-Sen Liew & Zhuo Qiao & Wing-keung Wong, 2010. "Linearity and stationarity of G7 government bond returns," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(4), pages 2642-2655.
- David G. McMillan, 2009. "Non-linear interest rate dynamics and forecasting: evidence for US and Australian interest rates," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 139-155.
- Shyh-Wei Chen, 2008. "Non-stationarity and Non-linearity in Stock Prices: Evidence from the OECD Countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(11), pages 1-11.
- Gozbasi, Onur & Kucukkaplan, Ilhan & Nazlioglu, Saban, 2014. "Re-examining the Turkish stock market efficiency: Evidence from nonlinear unit root tests," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 381-384.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:11:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- McMillan, David G., 2005. "Non-linear dynamics in international stock market returns," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 81-91.
- David McMillan & Alan Speight, 2006. "Non-linear long horizon returns predictability: evidence from six south-east Asian markets," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 95-111, June.
- McMillan, David G., 2007. "Non-linear forecasting of stock returns: Does volume help?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 115-126.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2006. "The behaviour of US stock prices: Evidence from a threshold autoregressive model," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 103-108.
- Anita CEH CASNI & Maruska VIZEK, 2014. "Interactions between Real Estate and Equity Markets: an Investigation of Linkages in Developed and Emerging Countries," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 64(2), pages 100-119, March.
- Tseng, Chih-Hsiung & Cheng, Sheng-Tzong & Wang, Yi-Hsien & Peng, Jin-Tang, 2008. "Artificial neural network model of the hybrid EGARCH volatility of the Taiwan stock index option prices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(13), pages 3192-3200.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.