Why companies use open-market repurchases: A managerial perspective
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 43 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miller, Merton H & Rock, Kevin, 1985. " Dividend Policy under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1031-51, September.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Smith, Clifford Jr., 1988. "Corporate payout policy : Cash Dividends versus Open-Market Repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 61-82, October.
- Eli Bartov & Itzhak Krinsky & Jason Lee, 1998. "Evidence On How Companies Choose Between Dividends And Open-Market Stock Repurchases," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(1), pages 89-96.
- Vermaelen, Theo, 1981. "Common stock repurchases and market signalling : An empirical study," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 139-183, June.
- Lie, Erik, 2000. "Excess Funds and Agency Problems: An Empirical Study of Incremental Cash Disbursements," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(1), pages 219-47.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 2001.
"Disappearing dividends: changing firm characteristics or lower propensity to pay?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 3-43, April.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, 2001. "Disappearing Dividends: Changing Firm Characteristics Or Lower Propensity To Pay?," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 14(1), pages 67-79.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, . "Disappearing Dividends: Changing Firm Characteristics or Lower Propensity to Pay?."," CRSP working papers 509, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Jagannathan, Murali & Stephens, Clifford P. & Weisbach, Michael S., 2000. "Financial flexibility and the choice between dividends and stock repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 355-384, September.
- Christine Jolls, 1998. "Stock Repurchases and Incentive Compensation," NBER Working Papers 6467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gustavo Grullon & David L. Ikenberry, 2000. "What Do We Know About Stock Repurchases?," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 13(1), pages 31-51.
- Easterbrook, Frank H, 1984. "Two Agency-Cost Explanations of Dividends," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 650-59, September.
- Dann, Larry Y., 1981. "Common stock repurchases : An analysis of returns to bondholders and stockholders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 113-138, June.
- Miller, James M. & McConnell, John J., 1995. "Open-Market Share Repurchase Programs and Bid-Ask Spreads on the NYSE: Implications for Corporate Payout Policy," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(03), pages 365-382, September.
- Mitchell, Jason D. & Dharmawan, Grace V., 2007. "Incentives for on-market buy-backs: Evidence from a transparent buy-back regime," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 146-169, March.
- Özgür Orhangazi, 2007.
"Financialization and Capital Accumulation in the Non-Financial Corporate Sector,"
wp149, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Ozgür Orhangazi, 2008. "Financialisation and capital accumulation in the non-financial corporate sector:," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(6), pages 863-886, November.
- Miglo, Anton, 2012. "Managers versus students: new approach in improving capital structure education," MPRA Paper 46695, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ken Yook & Partha Gangopadhyay, 2011. "A comprehensive examination of the wealth effects of recent stock repurchase announcements," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 509-529, November.
- Luís Krug Pacheco & Clara Raposo, 2009. "ON the TIMING of INITIAL STOCK REPURCHASES," Working Papers de GestÃ£o (Management Working Papers) 06, Faculdade de Economia e Gestão, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto).
- Miglo, Anton, 2012. "Multi-stage investment, long-term asymmetric information and equity issues," MPRA Paper 46692, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Orhangazi, Ozgur, 2007. "Financialization and Capital Accumulation in the Nonfinancial Corporate Sector: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation on the US Economy, 1973-2004," MPRA Paper 7724, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miglo, Anton, 2010. "The Pecking Order, Trade-off, Signaling, and Market-Timing Theories of Capital Structure: a Review," MPRA Paper 46691, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Robert A. Weigand & H. Kent Baker, 2009. "Changing perspectives on distribution policy: The evolution from dividends to share repurchase," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(6), pages 479-492, May.
- Baker, H. Kent & Powell, Gary E. & Veit, E. Theodore, 2002. "Revisiting the dividend puzzle: Do all of the pieces now fit?," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 241-261.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.