The viability of minority-owned banks
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 37 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brimmer, Andrew F, 1971. "The Black Banks: An Assessment of Performance and Prospects," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 26(2), pages 379-405, May.
- Scott, William L & Gardner, Mona J & Mills, Dixie L, 1988. "Expense Preference and Minority Banking: A Note," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(1), pages 105-15, February.
- Simonson, Donald G. & Stowe, John D. & Watson, Collin J., 1983. "A Canonical Correlation Analysis of Commercial Bank Asset/Liability Structures," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 125-140, March.
- Meinster, David R. & Elyasiani, Elyas, 1988. "The performance of foreign owned, minority owned, and holding company owned banks in the U.S," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 293-313, June.
- Glenn B. Canner & Wayne Passmore, 1994. "Residential lending to low-income and minority families: evidence from the 1992 HMDA data," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Feb, pages 79-108.
- Jeffrey M. Lacker, 1995. "Neighborhoods and banking," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 13-38.
- Price, Gregory N., 1995. "The determinants of entry for black-owned commercial banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 289-303.
- Clark, Jeffrey A., 1986. "Single-equation, multiple-regression methodology: Is it an appropriate methodology for the estimation of the structure-performance relationship in banking?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 295-312, November.
- Lindley, James T. & Verbrugge, James A. & McNulty, James E. & Gup, Benton E., 1992. "Investment policy, financing policy, and performance characteristics of de novo savings and loan associations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 313-330, April.
- Richard L. Peterson, 1981. "An Investigation of Sex Discrimination in Commercial Banks' Direct Consumer Lending," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 547-561, Autumn.
- Douglas A. Price, 1990. "Minority-owned banks: history and trends," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Jul.
- Boyes, W J & Hoffman, Dennis & Low, Stuart, 1986. "Lender Reactions to Information Restrictions: The Case of Banks and ECOA," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 211-19, May.
- Robert T. Clair, 1988. "The performance of black-owned banks in their primary market areas," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Nov, pages 11-20.
- Arshadi, Nasser & Lawrence, Edward C., 1987. "An empirical investigation of new bank performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 33-48, March.
- Glenn B. Canner & Ellen Maland, 1987. "Basic banking," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Apr, pages 255-269.
- Robert B. Avery, 1991. "Deregulation and the location of financial institution offices," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 30-42.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mehdian, Seyed, 1992. "Productive efficiency performance of minority and nonminority-owned banks: A nonparametric approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 933-948, September.
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226041162, June.
- John P. Caskey, 1992. "Bank representation in low-income and minority urban communities," Research Working Paper 92-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- John Cole & Alfred Edwards & Earl Hamilton & Lucy Reuben, 1985. "Black banks: A survey and analysis of the literature," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 29-50, June.
- Robert B. Avery, 1981. "Indirect screening and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kwast, Myron L. & Black, Harold, 1983. "An analysis of the behavior of mature black-owned commercial banks," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 41-54.
- Fraser, Donald R. & Phillips, Wallace & Rose, Peter S., 1974. "A Canonical Analysis of Bank Performance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 287-295, March.
- Black, Harold A. & Robinson, Breck L. & Schweitzer, Robert L., 2001. "Comparing lending decisions of minority-owned and White-owned banks: Is there discrimination in mortgage lending?," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 23-39.
- Russ Kashian & Richard McGregory & Neil Lockwood, 2014. "Do Minority-owned Banks Pay Higher Interest Rates on CDs?," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 13-24, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.