Ageing, migration and endogenous public pensions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 88 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David E. Wildasin, 2000.
"Factor mobility and fiscal policy in the EU: policy issues and analytical approaches,"
CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 15(31), pages 337-378, October.
- Wildasin, David E., 1999. "Factor mobility and fiscal policy in the EU: policy issues and analytical approaches," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-35, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- David E. Wildasin, 2000. "Factor Mobility and Fiscal Policy in the EU: Policy Issues and Analytical Approaches," CESifo Working Paper Series 344, CESifo Group Munich.
- Meijdam, A.C. & Verhoeven, M., 1995.
"Constraints in perfect-foresight models: The Case of old-age savings and public pensions,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-381397, Tilburg University.
- Meijdam, Lex & Verhoeven, Marijn, 1995. "Constraints in perfect-foresight models: The case of old-age savings and public pensions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 129-137, May.
- Meijdam, L. & Verhoeven, M., 1994. "Constraints in Perfect Foresight Models: The Case of Old- Age Savings and Public Pensions," Papers 9474, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Meijdam, L. & Verhoeven, M., 1994. "Constraints in Perfect-Foresight Models : The Case of Old-Age Savings and Public Pensions," Discussion Paper 1994-74, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 2000.
" Unskilled Migration: A Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State?,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(3), pages 463-79, June.
- Razin, A. & Sadka, E., 1999. "Unskilled Migration: a Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State?," Papers 8-99, Tel Aviv.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1999. "Unskilled Migration: A Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State," NBER Working Papers 7013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Galor, Oded & Stark, Oded, 1991. "The Impact of Differences in the Levels of Technology on International Labor Migration," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 1-12, March.
- Browning, Edgar K, 1975. "Why the Social Insurance Budget Is Too Large in a Democracy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(3), pages 373-88, September.
- Meier, Volker, 2000.
"Time preference, international migration, and social security,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
19190, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Volker Meier, 2000. "Time preference, international migration, and social security," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 127-146.
- Kjetil Storesletten, .
"Sustaining Fiscal Policy Through Immigration,"
_005, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 1999. "Migration and pension with international capital mobility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 141-150, October.
- Becker, Gary S, 1983. "A Theory of Competition among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400, August.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-11, July.
- Leers, T., 2001. "Public pensions and Population Ageing: An Economic Analysis of Fertility, Migration and Social-Security Policy," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-86307, Tilburg University.
- Wellisch, Dietmar & Wildasin, David E., 1996. "Decentralized income redistribution and immigration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 187-217, January.
- Wildasin, David E, 1991. "Income Redistribution in a Common Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 757-74, September.
- Justman, M. & Thisse, J.-F., .
"Implications of the mobility of skilled labor for local public funding of higher education,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1296, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Justman, Moshe & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1997. "Implications of the mobility of skilled labor for local public funding of higher education," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 409-412, September.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1982. "An alternative to steady-state comparisons in perfect foresight models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 55-59.
- CRETTEZ , Bertrand & MICHEL , Philippe & VIDAL , Jean-Pierre, 1995.
"Time Preference and Labour Migration in an OLG Model with Land and Capital,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1995046, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jean-Pierre Vidal & Philippe Michel & Bertrand Crettez, 1996. "Time preference and labour migration in an OLG model with land and capital," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 387-403.
- Eli Berman & Zaur Rzakhanov, 2000. "Fertility, Migration, and Altruism," NBER Working Papers 7545, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Haupt, Alexander & Peters, Wolfgang, 1998. " Public Pensions and Voting on Immigration," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 95(3-4), pages 403-13, June.
- George J. Borjas, 1994.
"The Economic Benefits from Immigration,"
NBER Working Papers
4955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wildasin, David E, 1995. " Factor Mobility, Risk and Redistribution in the Welfare State," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(4), pages 527-46, December.
- Galor, Oded, 1986. "Time preference and international labor migration," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Krieger, Tim, 2005. "Renten und Zuwanderung: Ein Überblick über neue Ergebnisse der Forschung," Arbeitspapiere der Nordakademie 2005-04, Nordakademie - Hochschule der Wirtschaft.
- Tosun, Mehmet S., 2009. "Global Aging and Fiscal Policy with International Labor Mobility: A Political Economy Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 4166, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Juan A. Lacomba & Francisco M. Lagos, 2004.
"Immigration and Pension Benefits in the Host-country,"
Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces
E2004/77, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Juan A. Lacomba & Francisco Lagos, 2010. "Immigration and Pension Benefits in the Host Country," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 77(306), pages 283-295, 04.
- Tim Krieger & Jens Ruhose, 2011.
"“Honey, I shrunk the kids’ benefits!” — Revisiting intergenerational conflict in OECD countries,"
Working Papers CIE
46, University of Paderborn, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Tim Krieger & Jens Ruhose, 2013. "Honey, I shrunk the kids’ benefits—revisiting intergenerational conflict in OECD countries," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 157(1), pages 115-143, October.
- Tim Krieger, 2006.
"Public pensions and return migration,"
Working Papers CIE
2, University of Paderborn, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Mehmet S. Tosun, 2005. "Global Aging and Fiscal Policy with International Labor Mobility," IMF Working Papers 05/140, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:pdn:wpaper:46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gugushvili, Alexi, 2007. "Giving the ageing of the population how can countries afford pay-as-you-go social insurance pensions?," MPRA Paper 2869, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.