The capital gain lock-in effect and equilibrium returns
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 71 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Josef Lakonishok & Robert W. Vishny & Andrei Shleifer, 1993.
"Contrarian Investment, Extrapolation, and Risk,"
NBER Working Papers
4360, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Josef Lakonishok & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1993. "Contrarian Investment, Extrapolation, and Risk," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 84, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Dammon, Robert M & Green, Richard C, 1987. " Tax Arbitrage and the Existence of Equilibrium Prices for Financial Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1143-66, December.
- Auerbach, Alan J, 1991.
"Retrospective Capital Gains Taxation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 167-78, March.
- Brent, Averil & Morse, Dale & Stice, E. Kay, 1990. "Short Interest: Explanations and Tests," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 273-289, June.
- Cook, Eric W. & O'Hare, John F., 1992. "Capital Gains Redux: Why Holding Periods Matter," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 45(1), pages 53-76, March Cit.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1986.
"Some Aspects of the Taxation of Capital Gains,"
NBER Working Papers
1094, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Constantinides, George M, 1983. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Personal Tax," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 611-36, May.
- Landsman, Wayne R. & Shackelford, Douglas A., 1995. "The Lock-In Effect of Capital Gains Taxes: Evidence from the RJR Nabisco Leveraged Buyout," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 48(2), pages 245-259, June Cita.
- Coyne, Christopher & Fabozzi, Frank J. & Yaari, Uzi, 1989. "Taxation of Capital Gains with Deferred Realization," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 42(4), pages 475-85, December .
- Dybvig, Philip H & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. " Tax Clienteles and Asset Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 751-62, July.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1987. "Arbitrage and Martingales with Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 371-93, April.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1988. "Permanent and Temporary Components of Stock Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 246-73, April.
- Elton, Edwin J. & Gruber, Martin J., 1978. "Taxes and portfolio composition," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 399-410, December.
- Dammon, Robert M & Spatt, Chester S, 1996. "The Optimal Trading and Pricing of Securities with Asymmetric Capital Gains Taxes and Transaction Costs," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(3), pages 921-52.
- Kiefer, Donald W., 1990. "Lock-In Effect Within a Simple Model of Corporate Stock Trading," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 43(1), pages 75-94, March Cit.
- Miller, Merton H & Scholes, Myron S, 1982. "Dividends and Taxes: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1118-41, December.
- Daniel J. Kovenock & Michael Rothschild, 1985. "Notes on the Effect of Capital Gains Taxation on Non-Austrian Assets," NBER Working Papers 1568, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-65, June.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.