Tax incentives for import-substituting foreign investment:: Does signaling play a role?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 67 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kravis, Irving B. & Lipsey, Robert E., 1982.
"The location of overseas production and production for export by U.S. multinational firms,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 201-223, May.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1982. "The Location of Overseas Production and Production for Export by U.S. Multinational Firms," NBER Working Papers 0482, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Doyle, Christopher & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1984.
"Taxation of Foreign Multinationals: A Sequential Bargaining Approach to Tax Holidays,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
25, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chris Doyle & Sweder Wijnbergen, 1994. "Taxation of foreign multinationals: A sequential bargaining approach to tax holidays," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 211-225, October.
- Ignatius Horstmann & James R. Markusen, 1987. "Licensing versus Direct Investment: A Model of Internalization by the Multinational Enterprise," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(3), pages 464-81, August.
- David M Kreps & Robert Wilson, 2003.
Levine's Working Paper Archive
618897000000000813, David K. Levine.
- Edward E. Leamer, 1988.
"Measures of Openness,"
in: Trade Policy Issues and Empirical Analysis, pages 145-204
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mintz, Jack M, 1990. "Corporate Tax Holidays and Investment," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(1), pages 81-102, January.
- Jean-Francois Wen, 1992. "Tax Holidays in a Business Climate," Working Papers 864, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Bond, Eric W & Samuelson, Larry, 1986. "Tax Holidays as Signals," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 820-26, September.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1987. "Foreign direct investment with unemployment and endogenous taxes and tariffs," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3-4), pages 257-279, May.
- Wheeler, David & Mody, Ashoka, 1992. "International investment location decisions : The case of U.S. firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 57-76, August.
- Marouane ALAYA (GREThA-GRES) & Dalila NICET-CHENAF (GREThA-GRES) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA-GRES), 2007.
"FDI Promotion policies and dynamic of growth in the South East Mediterranean countries (In French),"
Cahiers du GRES
2007-13, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Marouane ALAYA (GREThA) & Dalila NICET-CHENAF (GREThA) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA), 2007. "FDI Promotion policies and dynamic of growth in the South East Mediterranean countries (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2007-06, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Torfinn Harding, Torfinn; Javorcik, Beata S., 2010.
"Roll out the Red Carpet and They Will Come: Investment Promotion and FDI Inflows,"
CAGE Online Working Paper Series
18, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Torfinn Harding & Beata S. Javorcik, 2011. "Roll Out the Red Carpet and They Will Come: Investment Promotion and FDI Inflows," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(557), pages 1445-1476, December.
- Matthias Dahm & Robert Dur & Amihai Glazer, 2009.
"Lobbying of Firms by Voters,"
080926, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Dahm, Matthias & Dur, Robert & Glazerz, Amihai, 2009. "Lobbying of Firms by Voters," Working Papers 2072/43869, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Matthias Dahm & Robert Dur & Amihai Glazer, 2009. "Lobbying of Firms by Voters," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-068/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Toubal, Farid & Kleinert, Jörn & Buch, Claudia M., 2003. "Determinants of German FDI: New Evidence from Micro-Data," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2003,09, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Alaya MAROUANE (Université de Tunis) & Dalila NICET-CHENAF (GREThA-GRES) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA-GRES), 2008.
"The law of growth and attraction: an endogenous model of absorptive capacities, FDI and income for MENA countries,"
Cahiers du GRES
2008-21, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Alaya MAROUANE (Université of Tunis) & Dalila NICET-CHENAF (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2008. "The law of growth and attraction: an endogenous model of absorptive capacities, FDI and income for MENA countries," Cahiers du GREThA 2008-27, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Justus Haucap & Christian Wey & Jens Barmbold, 1998.
"Location Costs, Product Quality, and Implicit Franchise Contracts,"
CIG Working Papers
FS IV 98-08, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Haucap, Justus & Wey, Christian & Barmbold, Jens, 2000. "Location costs, product quality and implicit franchise contracts," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 69-87, October.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe, 2007. "The sensitivity of U.S. multinational enterprises to political and macroeconomic uncertainty: A sectoral analysis," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 732-750, December.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Mesa, Fernando, 2006. "Local content requirement on foreign direct investment under exchange rate volatility," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 346-363.
- Azémar, Céline & Delios, Andrew, 2008. "Tax competition and FDI: The special case of developing countries," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 85-108, March.
- Ele Reiljan, 2001. "Determinants of foreign direct investment inflows in Estonia," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, in: Foreign Direct Investments in the Estonian Economy, volume 9, chapter 2, pages 31-90 Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Claudia M. Buch & Farid Toubal, 2003. "Economic Integration and FDI in Transition Economies: What Can We Learn from German Data?," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 72(4), pages 594-610.
- Eckhard Janeba, 2000. "Tax Competition When Governments Lack Commitment: Excess Capacity as a Countervailing Threat," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1508-1519, December.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2009068 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amy Glass & Kamal Saggi, 1999. "FDI Selection: Crowding Out and Distributional Effects," Working Papers 99-03, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Marina Azzimonti & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte, 2007. "Barriers to foreign direct investment under political instability," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 287-315.
- Krishna Chaitanya Vadlamannati & Arusha Cooray, 2012. "What Drives FDI Policy Liberalization? An Empirical Investigation," CAMA Working Papers 2012-27, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Matthias Dahm & Robert Dur & Amihai Glazer, 2012. "How a Firm Can Induce Legislators to Adopt a Bad Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 3788, CESifo Group Munich.
- Brooks, Douglas H. & Roland-Holst, David & Zhai, Fan, 2008. "Behavioral and empirical perspectives on FDI: International capital allocation across Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 40-52, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.