The effect of property tax limitation measures on local government fiscal behavior
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 66 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Courant, Paul N. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L., 1981. "On the welfare effects of tax limitation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 289-316, December.
- Poterba, James M & Rueben, Kim S, 1995. "The Effect of Property-Tax Limits on Wages and Employment in the Local Public Sector," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 384-89, May.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Preston, Anne E. & Ichniowski, Casey, 1991. "A National Perspective on the Nature and Effects of the Local Property Tax Revolt, 1976-1986," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 44(2), pages 123-45, June.
- Alm, James & Buschman, Robert D. & Sjoquist, David L., 2011.
"Rethinking local government reliance on the property tax,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 320-331, July.
- James Alm & Robert D. Buschman & David L. Sjoquist, 2012. "Rethinking Local Government Reliance on the Property Tax," Working Papers 1215, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Lars P. Feld & John G. Matsusaka, 2000. "Budget Referendums and Government Spending: Evidence from Swiss," CESifo Working Paper Series 323, CESifo Group Munich.
- Justina A.V. Fischer, 2005.
"Do Institutions of Direct Democracy Tame the Leviathan? Swiss Evidence on the Structure of Expenditure for Public Education,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1628, CESifo Group Munich.
- Justina A.V. Fischer, 2005. "Do Institutions of Direct Democracy Tame the Leviathan? Swiss Evidence on the Structure of Expenditure for Public Education," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005 2005-22, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Phuong Nguyen-Hoang, 2012. "Fiscal effects of budget referendums: evidence from New York school districts," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 77-95, January.
- George R. Crowley & Russell S. Sobel, 2010. "Does Fiscal Decentralization Constrain Leviathan? Evidence from Local Property Tax Competition," Working Papers 10-16, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Fischer, Justina A.V., 2007. "The Impact of Direct Democracy on Public Education: Evidence for Swiss Students in Reading, Mathematics and Natural Science," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 688, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Thomas Downes & David Figlio, 1998.
"School Finance Reforms, Tax Limits, and Student Performance: Do Reforms Level-Up or Dumb Down?,"
Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University
9805, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- T. A. Downes & D. N. Figlio, . "School Finance Reforms, Tax Limits, and Student Performance: Do Reforms Level Up or Dumb Down?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1142-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel, 2012.
"Do External Grants to District Governments Discourage Own Revenue Generation? A Look at Local Public Finance Dynamics in Ghana,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1054-1067.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel & Cudjoe, Godsway, 2009. "Do external grants to district governments discourage own-revenue generation?: A look at local public finance dynamics in Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 934, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Raúl Alberto Ponce Rodríguez, 2009. "Political institutions and tax rate initiatives," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 65-94, November.
- Feld, Lars P. & Matsusaka, John G., 2003. "Budget referendums and government spending: evidence from Swiss cantons," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 2703-2724, December.
- Justina A.V. Fischer, 2005. "The Impact of Direct Democracy on Public Education: Performance of Swiss Students in Reading," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005 2005-10, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Nguyen-Hoang, Phuong, 2013. "Tax Limit Repeal And School Spending," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 66(1), pages 117-48, March.
- Aaronson, Daniel, 1999.
"The Effect of School Finance Reform on Population Heterogeneity,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 1), pages 5-29, March.
- Daniel Aaronson, 1998. "The effect of school finance reform on population heterogeneity," Working Paper Series WP-98-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Byron F. Lutz, 2008. "The connection between house price appreciation and property tax revenues," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-48, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John G. Matsusaka, 2009. "Direct Democracy and Public Employees," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 2227-46, December.
- Banovetz, James M., 2002. "Illinois Home Rule: A Case Study in Fiscal Responsibility," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 32(1).
- George Crowley & Russell Sobel, 2011. "Does fiscal decentralization constrain Leviathan? New evidence from local property tax competition," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 149(1), pages 5-30, October.
- Latzko, David A., 2008. "Home Rule and the Size of County Government in Pennsylvania," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.