The effect of property tax limitation measures on local government fiscal behavior
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 66 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Preston, Anne E. & Ichniowski, Casey, 1991. "A National Perspective on the Nature and Effects of the Local Property Tax Revolt, 1976-1986," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 44(2), pages 123-45, June.
- Courant, Paul N. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L., 1981. "On the welfare effects of tax limitation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 289-316, December.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Poterba, James M & Rueben, Kim S, 1995. "The Effect of Property-Tax Limits on Wages and Employment in the Local Public Sector," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 384-89, May.
- George R. Crowley & Russell S. Sobel, 2010. "Does Fiscal Decentralization Constrain Leviathan? Evidence from Local Property Tax Competition," Working Papers 10-16, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Raúl Alberto Ponce Rodríguez, 2009. "Political institutions and tax rate initiatives," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 65-94, November.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel & Cudjoe, Godsway, 2009.
"Do external grants to district governments discourage own-revenue generation?: A look at local public finance dynamics in Ghana,"
IFPRI discussion papers
934, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel, 2012. "Do External Grants to District Governments Discourage Own Revenue Generation? A Look at Local Public Finance Dynamics in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1054-1067.
- T. A. Downes & D. N. Figlio, .
"School Finance Reforms, Tax Limits, and Student Performance: Do Reforms Level Up or Dumb Down?,"
Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers
1142-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Thomas Downes & David Figlio, 1998. "School Finance Reforms, Tax Limits, and Student Performance: Do Reforms Level-Up or Dumb Down?," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9805, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Justina A.V. Fischer, 2005. "The Impact of Direct Democracy on Public Education: Performance of Swiss Students in Reading," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005 2005-10, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Justina A.V. Fischer, 2005.
"Do Institutions of Direct Democracy Tame the Leviathan? Swiss Evidence on the Structure of Expenditure for Public Education,"
University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005
2005-22, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Justina A.V. Fischer, 2005. "Do Institutions of Direct Democracy Tame the Leviathan? Swiss Evidence on the Structure of Expenditure for Public Education," CESifo Working Paper Series 1628, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alm, James & Buschman, Robert D. & Sjoquist, David L., 2011.
"Rethinking local government reliance on the property tax,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 320-331, July.
- James Alm & Robert D. Buschman & David L. Sjoquist, 2012. "Rethinking Local Government Reliance on the Property Tax," Working Papers 1215, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Banovetz, James M., 2002. "Illinois Home Rule: A Case Study in Fiscal Responsibility," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 32(1).
- Lars P. Feld & John G. Matsusaka, 2000. "Budget Referendums and Government Spending: Evidence from Swiss," CESifo Working Paper Series 323, CESifo Group Munich.
- Daniel Aaronson, 1998.
"The effect of school finance reform on population heterogeneity,"
Working Paper Series
WP-98-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Aaronson, Daniel, 1999. "The Effect of School Finance Reform on Population Heterogeneity," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 1), pages 5-29, March.
- Feld, Lars P. & Matsusaka, John G., 2003. "Budget referendums and government spending: evidence from Swiss cantons," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 2703-2724, December.
- Phuong Nguyen-Hoang, 2012. "Fiscal effects of budget referendums: evidence from New York school districts," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 77-95, January.
- Latzko, David A., 2008. "Home Rule and the Size of County Government in Pennsylvania," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1).
- Byron F. Lutz, 2008. "The connection between house price appreciation and property tax revenues," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-48, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John G. Matsusaka, 2009. "Direct Democracy and Public Employees," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 2227-46, December.
- George Crowley & Russell Sobel, 2011. "Does fiscal decentralization constrain Leviathan? New evidence from local property tax competition," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 149(1), pages 5-30, October.
- Fischer, Justina A.V., 2007. "The Impact of Direct Democracy on Public Education: Evidence for Swiss Students in Reading, Mathematics and Natural Science," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 688, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Nguyen-Hoang, Phuong, 2013. "Tax Limit Repeal And School Spending," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 66(1), pages 117-48, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.