Suppes-Sen dominance, generalised Lorenz dominance and the welfare economics of competitive equilibrium: Some examples
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 61 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1977.
"Education: Consumption or Production?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 569-97, June.
- Hare, P G & Ulph, D T, 1979. "On Education and Distribution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages S193-212, October.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Hammond, Peter, 1980. "Fully progressive taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 141-154, April.
- P. Hare & D. Ulph, 1981. "Imperfect capital markets and the public provision of education," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 481-507, January.
- Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David, 1977. "Utility vs equity : Some plausible quasi-orderings," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 365-381, June.
- Ulph, David, 1977. "On the optimal distribution of income and educational expenditure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 341-356, December.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Bishop, John A. & Formby, John P. & Thistle, Paul D., 1991. "Rank dominance and international comparisons of income distributions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1399-1409, October.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1973.
"Some further results on the measurement of inequality,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 188-204, April.
- Michael Rothschild & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1972. "Some Further Results on the Measurement of Inequality," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 344, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1977. "Multidimensional Egalitarianisms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Bruno, Michael, 1976. "Equality, complementarity and the incidence of public expenditures," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 395-407, November.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Sen, Amartya & Starrett, David, 1973. "Notes on the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 180-187, April.
- Foster, James E. & Majumdar, Mukul K. & Mitra, Tapan, 1990. "Inequality and welfare in market economies," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 351-367, April.
- Johnson, George E, 1984. "Subsidies for Higher Education," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(3), pages 303-18, July.
- Marco Mariotii, 1996. "Fair bargains: distributive justice and Nash Bargaining Theory," Game Theory and Information 9611003, EconWPA, revised 27 Nov 1996.
- Nicolas Gravel & Patrick Moyes, 2013.
"Utilitarianism or welfarism: does it make a difference?,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 529-551, February.
- Patrick MOYES ( GREThA, CNRS, UMRS 5113) & Nicolas GRAVEL (AMSE (GREQAM) et Aix-Marseille University), 2011. "Utilitarianism or Welfarism: Does it Make a Difference?," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-30, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Nicolas Gravel & Patrick Moyes, 2011. "Utilitarianism or Welfarism: Does it Make a Difference?," Working Papers halshs-00634010, HAL.
- Suzumura, Kotaro & Xu, Yongsheng, 2002.
"On Constrained Dual Recoverability Theorems,"
123, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.