Fiscal stress and the production of public safety: A distance function approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 57 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anderson, Richard G & Thursby, Jerry G, 1986. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticity Estimators in Translog Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 647-56, November.
- Green, Richard & Hahn, William & Rocke, David, 1987. "Standard Errors for Elasticities: A Comparison of Bootstrap and Asymptotic Standard Errors," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(1), pages 145-49, January.
- Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena, 1989. "Production of Public Safety: Are Socioeconomic Characteristics of Local Communities Important Factors?," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 57-71, Jan.-Mar..
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Halvorsen, Robert, 1986. "The relative efficiency of public and private firms in a regulated environment: The case of U.S. electric utilities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 281-294, April.
- Miguel St. Aubyn, 2008. "Law and Order Efficiency Measurement – A Literature Review," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/19, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Grosskopf, Shawna & Hayes, Kathy J. & Taylor, Lori L. & Weber, William L., 2001. "On the Determinants of School District Efficiency: Competition and Monitoring," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 453-478, May.
- Karagiannis, Giannis & Midmore, Peter & Tzouvelekas, Vangelis, 2002. "Parametric Decomposition of Output Growth: An Input-Distance Function Approach," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24972, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- M N, Murty & Kumar, Surender & Dhavala, Kishore, 2006.
"Measuring Environmental Efficiency of Industry: A Case Study of Thermal Power Generation in India,"
1693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Murty & Surender Kumar & Kishore Dhavala, 2007. "Measuring environmental efficiency of industry: a case study of thermal power generation in India," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(1), pages 31-50, September.
- repec:ind:nipfwp:12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laurens Cherchye & Bruno De Borger & Tom Van Puyenbroeck, 2004.
"Nonparametric tests of optimizing behavior in public service provision: Methodology and an application to local safety,"
Public Economics Working Paper Series
ces0416, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- CHERCHYE, Laurens & DE BORGER, Bruno & VAN PUYENBROECK, Tom, 2005. "Nonparametric tests of optimizing behavior in public service provision: Methodology and an application to local safety," Working Papers 2005002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E., 2001. "Griliches' K-Shift And Competitiveness: Commodity Progress In Us Agriculture," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20700, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Giannis Karagiannis & Peter Midmore & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, . "Parametric Decomposition Of Output Growth," Working Papers 0204, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Giannis Karagiannis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2010.
"Sectoral linkages and industrial efficiency: a dilemma or a requisition in identifying development priorities?,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 207-233, August.
- Giannis Karagiannis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2003. "Sectoral Linkages and Industrial Efficiency: A Dilemma or a Requisition in Identifying Development Priorities?," Working Papers 0413, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Saito, Yoko & Saito, Hisamitsu & Kondo, Takumi & Osanami, Fumio, 2009. "Quality-oriented technical change in Japanese wheat breeding," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1365-1375, October.
- Myunghun, Lee, 2011. "Potential cost savings from internal/external CO2 emissions trading in the Korean electric power industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6162-6167, October.
- Kumar, Surender, 2004.
"Analysing industrial water demand in India: An input distance function approach,"
04/12, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Surender Kumar, 2009. "Analyzing Industrial Water Demand in India: An Input Distance Function Approach," Working Papers id:2178, eSocialSciences.
- Lee, Myunghun & Zhang, Ning, 2012. "Technical efficiency, shadow price of carbon dioxide emissions, and substitutability for energy in the Chinese manufacturing industries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1492-1497.
- Tim J. Coelli & Chris O'Donnell, 2003.
"A Bayesian Approach To Imposing Curvature On Distance Functions,"
CEPA Working Papers Series
WP032003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Coelli, Timothy J., 2005. "A Bayesian approach to imposing curvature on distance functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 493-523, June.
- Banos-Pino, Jose & Fernandez-Blanco, Victor & Rodriguez-Alvarez, Ana, 2002. "The allocative efficiency measure by means of a distance function: The case of Spanish public railways," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 191-205, February.
- Matsushita, Kyohei & Yamane, Fumihiro, 2012. "Pollution from the electric power sector in Japan and efficient pollution reduction," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1124-1130.
- Mercer, D. Evan & Prestemon, Jeffrey P., 2005. "Comparing production function models for wildfire risk analysis in the wildland-urban interface," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 782-795, August.
- Tim Coelli & Axel Gautier & Sergio Perelman & Roxana Saplacan-Pop, 2012. "Estimating the cost of improving quality in electric distribution: a parametruc distance function approach," CREPP Working Papers 1202, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Chang, Hung-Hao & Boisvert, Richard N., 2009. "The Conservation Reserve Program, Off-Farm Work, and Farm Household Technical Efficiencies," Working Papers 57034, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Guido Cella & Giovanni Pica, 2001. "Inefficiency Spillovers in Five OECD Countries: An Interindustry Analysis," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 405-416.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.