Which tax rate do people use: Average or marginal?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 56 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Other versions of this item:
- de Bartolome, Charles A.M., 1991. "Which Tax Rate Do People Use: Average or Marginal?," Working Papers 91-49, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ayanian, Robert, 1983. "Expectations, Taxes, and Interest: The Search for the Darby Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 762-65, September.
- Richard J. Herrnstein & Drazen Prelec, 1991. "Melioration: A Theory of Distributed Choice," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(3), pages 137-156, Summer.
- R. M. Isaac & J. M. Walker, 2010.
"Group size effects in public goods provision: The voluntary contribution mechanism,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
310, David K. Levine.
- Isaac, R Mark & Walker, James M, 1988. "Group Size Effects in Public Goods Provision: The Voluntary Contributions Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 103(1), pages 179-99, February.
- Hausman, Jerry A., 1985.
"Taxes and labor supply,"
Handbook of Public Economics,
in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 4, pages 213-263
- Peek, Joe & Wilcox, James A, 1984.
"The Degree of Fiscal Illusion in Interest Rates: Some Direct Estimates,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1061-66, December.
- Joe Peek & James A. Wilcox, 1985. "The Degree of Fiscal Illusion in Interest Rates: Some Direct Estimates," NBER Working Papers 1358, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shin, Jeong-Shik, 1985. "Perception of Price When Price Information Is Costly: Evidence from Residential Electricity Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(4), pages 591-98, November.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Poterba, James M, 1987.
"Household Behavior and the Tax Reform Act of 1986,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 101-19, Summer.
- Jerry A. Hausman & James M. Poterba, 1988. "Household Behavior and the Tax Reform Act of 1986," NBER Working Papers 2120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry A. Hausman & James M. Poterba, 1986. "Household Behavior and the Tax Reform Act of 1986," Working papers 437, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Fujii, Edwin T & Hawley, Clifford B, 1988. "On the Accuracy of Tax Perceptions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 344-47, May.
- Harrison, Glenn W & McKee, Michael, 1985. "Experimental Evaluation of the Coase Theorem," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 653-70, October.
- Faulhaber, Gerald R & Baumol, William J, 1988. "Economists as Innovators: Practical Products of Theoretical Research," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 577-600, June.
- Hoffman, Elizabeth & Spitzer, Matthew L, 1982. "The Coase Theorem: Some Experimental Tests," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(1), pages 73-98, April.
- Plott, Charles R & Levine, Michael E, 1978.
"A Model of Agenda Influence on Committee Decisions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 68(1), pages 146-60, March.
- Plott, Charles R. & Levine, Michael E., . "A Model of Agenda Influence on Committee Decisions," Working Papers 143, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Becker, Winfried & Buchner, Heinz-Jurgen & Sleeking, Simon, 1987. "The impact of public transfer expenditures on tax evasion : An experimental approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 243-252, November.
- Charles T. Clotfelter, 1990. "The Impact of Tax Reform on Charitable Giving: A 1989 Perspective," NBER Working Papers 3273, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1978. "Rationality as Process and as Product of Thought," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 1-16, May.
- Rosen, Harvey S, 1976. "Taxes in a Labor Supply Model with Joint Wage-Hours Determination," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(3), pages 485-507, May.
- Abeler, Johannes & Jäger, Simon, 2013.
"Complex Tax Incentives: An Experimental Investigation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7373, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Johannes Abeler & Simon Jäger, 2013. "Complex Tax Incentives - An Experimental Investigation," CESifo Working Paper Series 4231, CESifo Group Munich.
- Olekalns, N., 1996.
"Australian Evidence on Tax Smoothing and the Optimal Budget Surplus,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
538, The University of Melbourne.
- Olekalns, Nilss, 1997. "Australian Evidence on Tax Smoothing and the Optimal Budget Surplus," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 73(222), pages 248-57, September.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2009.
"Salience and taxation: theory and evidence,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2009-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2013030 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fochmann, Martin & Kiesewetter, Dirk & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim, 2012.
"Investment behavior and the biased perception of limited loss deduction in income taxation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 230-242.
- Martin Fochmann & Dirk Kiesewetter & Abdolkarim Sadrieh, 2010. "Investment Behavior and the Biased Perception of Limited Loss Deduction in Income Taxation," FEMM Working Papers 100004, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Desiderio Romero-Jordan & José Felix Sanz-Sanz, 2004. "An international comparison of effective marginal taxes on labour use," Public Economics 0405001, EconWPA.
- Annette Alstadsæter & Martin Jacob, 2013.
"The effect of awareness and incentives on tax evasion,"
1314, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Alstadsæter, Annette & Jacob, Martin, 2013. "The effect of awareness and incentives on tax evasion," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 147, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Annette Alstadsæter & Martin Jacob, 2013. "The Effect of Awareness and Incentives on Tax Evasion," CESifo Working Paper Series 4369, CESifo Group Munich.
- Matthias Weber & Arthur Schram, 2013. "The Non-Equivalence of Labor Market Taxes: A Real-Effort Experiment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-030/I, Tinbergen Institute.
- Raj Chetty, 2009. "The Simple Economics of Salience and Taxation," NBER Working Papers 15246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacob, Martin & Alstadsæter, Annette, 2013. "Payout policies of privately held firms: Flexibility and the role of income taxes," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 152, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Blaufus, Kay & Bob, Jonathan & Hundsdoerfer, Jochen & Kiesewetter, Dirk & Weimann, Joachim, 2010. "It's all about tax rates: An empirical study of tax perception," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 106, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Martin Fochmann & Joachim Weimann & Kay Blaufus & Jochen Hundsdoerfer & Dirk Kiesewetter, 2010. "Grosswage illusion in a real effort experiment," FEMM Working Papers 100009, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Arno Riedl, 2009. "Behavioral and Experimental Economics Can Inform Public Policy: Some Thoughts," CESifo Working Paper Series 2902, CESifo Group Munich.
- Peter Katuscak, 2011. "Consumer Reactions To Unobserved Changes in Price Schedules," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp433, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.