Identifying the free riders : A simple algorithm for determining who will contribute to a public good
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 51 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Other versions of this item:
- McGuire, M.C. & Andreoni, J., 1991. "Identifying the Free Riders: A Simple Algorithm for Determining who will Contribute to Public Good," Papers 90-92-03, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rahel Aichele & Gabriel Felbermayr, 2013.
"The Effect of the Kyoto Protocol on Carbon Emissions,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(4), pages 731-757, 09.
- Aichele, Rahel & Felbermayr, Gabriel, 2013. "The Effect of the Kyoto Protocol on Carbon Emissions," Munich Reprints in Economics 20171, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Stavins, Robert, 2004.
"Introduction to the Political Economy of Environmental Regulation,"
Working Paper Series
rwp04-004, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Stavins, Robert, 2004. "Introduction to the Political Economy of Environmental Regulations," Discussion Papers dp-04-12, Resources For the Future.
- Tae-Yeoun Lee, 2001. "Effects of Technology Transfers on the Provision of Public Goods," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(2), pages 193-218, February.
- Rahel Aichele & Gabriel Felbermayr, 2011.
"Kyoto and the Carbon Footprint of Nations,"
Ifo Working Paper Series
Ifo Working Paper No. 103, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Daniel Houser & Robert Kurzban, 2003. "Conditional cooperation and group dynamics: Experimental evidence from a sequential public goods game," Experimental 0307001, EconWPA, revised 21 Jan 2005.
- Andrew Kleit, 2001. "Creating a Public Good to Fight Monopolization: The Formation of Broadcast Music, Inc," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 243-256, September.
- Konrad, Kai A., 1998. "Local public goods and central charities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 345-362, May.
- Toshihiro Ihori & Martin McGuire, 2006. "Group Provision Against Adversity: Security By Insurance vs. Protection," CARF F-Series CARF-F-086, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Rahel Aichele, 2013. "Trade, Climate Policy and Carbon Leakage - Theory and Empirical Evidence," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 49.
- Murdoch, James C. & Sandler, Todd, 1997. "The voluntary provision of a pure public good: The case of reduced CFC emissions and the Montreal Protocol," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 331-349, February.
- Morath, Florian, 2008. "Strategic information acquisition and the mitigation of global warming," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2008-11, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Schlapfer, Felix & Brauer, Ingo, 2007. "Theoretical incentive properties of contingent valuation questions: Do they matter in the field?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 451-460, May.
- Toshihiro Ihori & Martin McGuire, 2006. "Patterns of Non-exponential Growth of Macroeconomic Models: Two-parameter Poisson-Dirichlet Models," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-450, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Yildirim, Huseyin, 2014. "Andreoni–McGuire algorithm and the limits of warm-glow giving," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 101-107.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.