The persistence and inefficiency of property tax finance of local public expenditures
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 51 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roos, Michael W. M., 2004. "Agglomeration and the public sector," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 411-427, July.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2000. "A Tiebout/tax-competition model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 285-306, August.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 2000. "Price and quantity competition among heterogeneous suppliers with two-part pricing: applications to clubs, local public goods, networks, and growth controls," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 587-608, December.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1997. "Property taxation, congestion, and local public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 207-217, May.
- Braid, Ralph M., 2005. "Tax competition, tax exporting and higher-government choice of tax instruments for local governments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1789-1821, September.
- Braid, Ralph M., 2013. "State and local tax competition in a spatial model with sales taxes and residential property taxes," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 57-67.
- Thomas. J. Nechyba, 1997.
"Existence of equilibrium and stratification in local and hierarchical Tiebout economies with property taxes and voting,"
Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 277-304.
- Thomas J. Nechyba, 1996. "Existence of Equilibrium and Stratification in Local and Hierarchical Tiebout Economies with Property Taxes and Voting," NBER Technical Working Papers 0190, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sung Kang & Laura Reese & Mark Skidmore, 2012. "The Effects of Changes in Property Tax Rates and School Spending on Residential and Business Property Value Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 3899, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nechyba, Thomas J, 1997.
"Local Property and State Income Taxes: The Role of Interjurisdictional Competition and Collusion,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(2), pages 351-84, April.
- Thomas J. Nechyba, 1996. "Local Property and State Income Taxes: The Role of Interjurisdictional Competition and Collusion," NBER Working Papers 5419, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William H. Hoyt & Richard A. Jensen, 1997.
"Product Differentiation and Public Education,"
- Kunce, Mitch, 2000. "A Nash tax game extending the generality of the Henry George Theorem," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 229-233, February.
- Wildasin, David E. & Wilson, John Douglas, 1998. "Risky local tax bases: risk-pooling vs. rent-capture," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 229-247, June.
- George R. Zodrow, 2008.
"The Property Tax Incidence Debate and the Mix of State and Local Finance of Local Public Expenditures,"
0801, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- George R. Zodrow, 2007. "The Property Tax Incidence Debate and the Mix of State and Local Finance of Local Public Expenditures," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 53(4), pages 495-521, December.
- Luz Amparo Saavedra, 2000. "Do Local Governments Engage In Strategic Property- Tax Competition," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002378, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Dietmar Wellisch & Jorg Hülshorst, 2000. "A Second-Best Theory of Local Government Policy," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 5-22, February.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 2001. "Taxes, Public Goods and Urban Economics: The Selected Essays of Peter Mieszkowski: Peter Mieszkowski, Published by Edward Elgar, Northampton, MA, USA, 1999, ISBN 1 85898 897 7," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 771-777, November.
- Skidmore, Mark & Reese, Laura & Kang, Sung Hoon, 2012. "Regional analysis of property taxation, education finance reform, and property value growth," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 351-363.
- Richter, Wolfram F. & Wellisch, Dietmar, 1996. "The provision of local public goods and factors in the presence of firm and household mobility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 73-93, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.