Labour supply, welfare rankings and the measurement of inequality
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 39 (1989)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Other versions of this item:
- Apps,Patricia Savage,Elizabeth, 1987. "Labour supply,Welfare rankings and the measurement of inequality," Discussion Paper Serie A 152, University of Bonn, Germany.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kooreman, P. & Kapteyn, A.J., 1986.
"Estimation of rationed and unrationed household labor supply functions using flexible functional forms,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-364335, Tilburg University.
- Kooreman, Peter & Kapteyn, Arie, 1986. "Estimation of Rationed and Unrationed Household Labour Supply Functions Using Flexible Functional Forms," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 398-412, June.
- Kooreman, P. & Kapteyn, A.J., 1984. "Estimation of rationed and unrationed household labor supply functions using flexible functional forms," Research Memorandum 157, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre, 1988. "Rational Household Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 63-90, January.
- Blundell, Richard & Meghir, Costas & Symons, Elizabeth & Walker, Ian, 1988. "Labour supply specification and the evaluation of tax reforms," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 23-52, June.
- Jorgenson, Dale W & Slesnick, Daniel T, 1984. "Aggregate Consumer Behaviour and the Measurement of Inequality," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 369-92, July.
- Thomas Mroz, .
"The Sensitivity of an Empirical Model of Married Women's Hours of Work to Economic and Statistical Assumptions,"
University of Chicago - Population Research Center
84-8, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Mroz, Thomas A, 1987. "The Sensitivity of an Empirical Model of Married Women's Hours of Work to Economic and Statistical Assumptions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 765-99, July.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Rees, Ray, 1988. "Taxation and the Household," Munich Reprints in Economics 3411, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Rosen, Harvey S, 1976. "Taxes in a Labor Supply Model with Joint Wage-Hours Determination," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(3), pages 485-507, May.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Apps, Patricia F. & Rees, Ray, 1988. "Taxation and the household," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 355-369, April.
- Manser, Marilyn & Brown, Murray, 1980. "Marriage and Household Decision-Making: A Bargaining Analysis," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 31-44, February.
- McElroy, Marjorie B & Horney, Mary Jean, 1981. "Nash-Bargained Household Decisions: Toward a Generalization of the Theory of Demand," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(2), pages 333-49, June.
- Patricia Apps & Glenn Jones, 1986. "Selective taxation of couples," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Jurgen Faik, 2013. "Cross-sectional and longitudinal equivalence scales for West Germany based on subjective data on life satisfaction," Working Papers 306, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel, 2001. "Gender-biased redistribution and intra-household distribution," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1711-1722, October.
- Pendakur, K., 1999.
"Taking Prices Seriously in the Measurement of Inequality,"
dp99-7, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Pendakur, Krishna, 2002. "Taking prices seriously in the measurement of inequality," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 47-69, October.
- Apps, P.F. & Rees, R., 1993.
"Labour Supply, Household Production and Intra-Family Welfare Distribution,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
405, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Apps, P. F. & Rees, R., 1996. "Labour supply, household production and intra-family welfare distribution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 199-219, May.
- Apps, P.F. & Rees, R., 1993. "Labour Supply, Household Production and Intra-Family Welfare Distribution," Working Papers 1993-3, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Apps, P.F. & Rees, R., 1993. "Labor Supply, Household Production and Intra-Family Welfare Distribution," Papers 248, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Jürgen Faik, 2013. "Cross-Sectional and Longitudinal Equivalence Scales for West Germany Based on Subjective Data on Life Satisfaction: Paper Presented at the Fifth Meeting of the Society for the Study of Economic Inequa," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 575, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- John Creedy & Guyonne Kalb, 2005.
"Behavioural Microsimulation Modelling for Tax Policy Analysis in Australia: Experience and Prospects,"
Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE),
Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 8(1), pages 73-110, March.
- John Creedy & Guyonne Kalb, 2005. "Behavioural Microsimulation Modelling for Tax Policy Analysis in Australia: Experience and Prospects," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2005n02, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Garcia, Inmaculada & Molina, Jose Alberto, 2001. "Labour Supply and Inequality for Wage-Earning Farm Households in Spain," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 2(1), January.
- John Creedy & Guyonne Kalb, 2005. "Behavioural Microsimulation Modelling With the Melbourne Institute Tax and Transfer Simulator(MITTS) : Uses and Extensions," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 932, The University of Melbourne.
- Gabriela Inchauste, 2001. "Intrahousehold Allocation of Resources: The Bolivian Family," IMF Working Papers 01/57, International Monetary Fund.
- Frances Woolley, 2000. "Control over Money in Marriage," Carleton Economic Papers 00-07, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised 2003.
- Adebayo B. Aromolaran, 2004. "Intra-Household Redistribution of Income and Calorie Consumption in South-Western Nigeria," Working Papers 890, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Thomas F. Crossley & Krishna Pendakur, 2002. "Consumption Inequality," Department of Economics Working Papers 2002-09, McMaster University.
- Maria Concetta Chiuri, 1999.
"Individual Decisions and Household Demand for Consumption And Leisure,"
CSEF Working Papers
26, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta, 2000. "Individual decisions and household demand for consumption and leisure," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 277-324, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.