Progressive taxation and the equal sacrifice principle
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (1987)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter J. Lambert & Helen T. Naughton, 2006.
"The Equal Sacrifice Principle Revisited,"
45, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Peter J. Lambert & Helen T. Naughton, 2006. "The Equal Sacrifice Principle Revisited," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2006-4, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Jun 2006.
- Gajdos, T. & Lhommeau, B., 1999.
"L'attitude a l'egard des inegalites en France a la lumiere du systeme de prelevements socio-fiscal,"
Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications
1999.23, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Bertrand Lhommeau & Thibault Gajdos, 2000. "L'attitude à l'égard des inégalités en France à la lumière du système de prélèvements socio-fiscal," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 142(1), pages 47-65.
- Nir Dagan & Roberto Serrano & Oscar Volij, 1999.
"Feasible Implementation of Taxation Methods,"
Economic theory and game theory
009, Nir Dagan.
- Nir Dagan & Roberto Serrano & Oscar Volij, 1995. "Feasible Implementation of Taxation Methods," Working Papers 95-14, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Volij, Oscar & Dagan, Nir & Serrano, Roberto, 1999. "Feasible Implementation of Taxation Methods," Staff General Research Papers 5246, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ok, Efe A., 1995. "On the principle of equal sacrifice in income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 453-467, November.
- Luis J. Imedio-Olmedo & Encarnación Macarena Parrado-Gallardo & M.Dolores. Sarrión, 1999. "La tarifa del IRPF y el principio de igualdad de sacrificio," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 23(2), pages 281-299, May.
- Michael J. Stutzer, 1987. "Improving intergovernmental finance: a message from the northland," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 2-13.
- Mitra, Tapan & Ok, Efe A., 1997.
"On the Equitability of Progressive Taxation,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 316-334, April.
- D'Antoni, Massimo, 1999. "Piecewise linear tax functions, progressivity, and the principle of equal sacrifice," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 191-197, November.
- Lahiri, Somdeb, 2001.
"Axiomatic characterizations of the CEA solution for rationing problems,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 162-170, May.
- Lahiri Somdeb, . "Axiomatic Characterizations of the CEA Solution for Rationing Problems," IIMA Working Papers WP1999-02-03, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Thomson, William, 2003. "Axiomatic and game-theoretic analysis of bankruptcy and taxation problems: a survey," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 249-297, July.
- Moyes, Patrick, 2003. "Redistributive effects of minimal equal sacrifice taxation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 111-140, January.
- John Creedy, 2006. "Evaluating Policy: Welfare Weights And Value Judgements," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 971, The University of Melbourne.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.