Market equilibrium with private knowledge : An insurance example
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (1985)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Clemons & Lorin Hitt & Bin Gu & Matt Thatcher & Bruce Weber, 2002. "Impacts of e-Commerce and Enhanced Information Endowments on Financial Services: A Quantitative Analysis of Transparency, Differential Pricing, and Disintermediation," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 73-90, August.
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2005.
"Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice,"
NBER Working Papers
11461, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2007. "Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 745-788, June.
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2005. "Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice," Discussion Papers 04-031, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Jean Pinquet & Montserrat Guillén & Mercedes Ayuso, 2011.
"Commitment and Lapse Behavior in Long-Term Insurance: A Case Study,"
- Jean Pinquet & Montserrat Guillén & Mercedes Ayuso, 2011. "Commitment and Lapse Behavior in Long‐Term Insurance: A Case Study," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 78(4), pages 983-1002, December.
- Dwight Jaffee & Thomas Russell, 1998.
"The Causes and Consequences of Rate Regulation in the Auto Insurance Industry,"
in: The Economics of Property-Casualty Insurance, pages 81-112
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dwight Jaffee & Thomas Russell, 1995. "The Causes and Consequences of Rate Regulation in the Auto Insurance Industry," NBER Working Papers 5245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nilssen, Tore, 2000. "Consumer lock-in with asymmetric information," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 641-666, May.
- J. Pinquet & M. Guillén & C. Bolancé, 2000. "Long-range contagion in automobile insurance data : estimation and implications for experience rating," THEMA Working Papers 2000-43, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Michael Powers & Martin Shubik & Shun Yao, 1998.
"Insurance market games: Scale effects and public policy,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 67(2), pages 109-134, June.
- Michael R. Powers & Martin Shubik & Shuntian Yao, 1994. "Insurance Market Games: Scale Effects and Public Policy," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1076, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Alma Cohen, 2012.
"Asymmetric Learning in Repeated Contracting: An Empirical Study,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 94(2), pages 419-432, May.
- Alma Cohen, 2008. "Asymmetric Learning in Repeated Contracting: An Empirical Study," NBER Working Papers 13752, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Georges Dionne & Pierre-Carl Michaud & Maki Dahchour, 2004.
"Separating Moral Hazard from Adverse Selection in Automobile Insurance: Longitudinal Evidence from France,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Dionne, G. & Michaud, P.C. & Dahchour, M., 2004. "Separating Moral Hazard from Adverse Selection in Automobile Insurance: Longitudinal Evidence from France," Discussion Paper 2004-79, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tim Friehe, 2008. "Insurance, Pooling, and Resistance to Reform: The Case of Individual Uncertainty," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(18), pages 1-8.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2008:i:18:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Pauly & Kai Menzel & Howard Kunreuther & Richard Hirth, 2011. "Guaranteed renewability uniquely prevents adverse selection in individual health insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 127-139, October.
- Eling, Martin & Jia, Ruo & Yao, Yi, . "Evidence of Adverse Selection in the Group Insurance Market," Working Papers on Finance 1403, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Kunreuther, Howard & Meszaros, Jacqueline & Hogarth, Robin M. & Spranca, Mark, 1995. "Ambiguity and underwriter decision processes," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 337-352, May.
- J. Cummins & Gregory Nini, 2002. "Optimal Capital Utilization by Financial Firms: Evidence from the Property-Liability Insurance Industry," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 15-53, February.
- M. Dahchour & G. Dionne, 2002. "Pricing of Automobile Insurance Under Asymmetric Information : a Study on Panel Data," THEMA Working Papers 2002-12, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Powers, Michael R. & Shubik, Martin, 1998. "On the tradeoff between the law of large numbers and oligopoly in insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 141-156, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.